My Ivy's a Jumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ivy's a Jumping

I am creating some creepy ivy for the new Ruins film DVD menu's (saw it yesterday it's actually pretty good - very bloody) anywho I'm using the Ivy generator by Guruware I created the animation by simply putting keys on the grow setting. Things render fine locally, but when I send it to the farm some of the Ivy resets itself to 0,0,0. At first I thought that reset Xform would save me - nope, so then I converted it to an editable poly - but it still jumps around the place.
    All machines in the farm have the exact same set up

Max 9 hotfix 4
    Vray 1.5 rc3
    gw_Ivy 0.8.1.0

If I there it is not growing then, everything works fine, it's only a problem when it's animating. I am rendering using deadline, somebody else mentioned a similiar problem using backburner, I haven't done that test yet. What's weird is sometimes I render only one machine will jump the IVY so I think great - I'll just blacklist it, if I render the same scene again and different machine starts jumping, and sometimes several machine do it - very strange.

As a follow on question, how can I get the rock solid GI solutions that you guys seem to be nailing ? Do I need to upgrade to rc5 ? If I venture in that direction how will it effect my install - I'm in full production mode and can't really afford that lag time wiating for authorization - I do have the dongles but don't have the balls to install them :]

Thanks as always
Working...
X