Scrub in preview window of AE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub in preview window of AE?

Anyone out there using After Effects know of a way to scrub in the preview window using the mouse? I know I can scrub using the timeline window but I'm working on some HD footage so I've got the preview window maximized (i.e., no timeline). Seems like there should be a way to do this but I can't seem to find it in the help.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

there should be a timeline on each footage window?
    Is this not there?

Perhaps try pressing 0 - should preview the active window (i think from memory)

Comment

Thanks. All of the footage preview windows do have a timeline at the bottom but the composition preview window doesn't have this timeline. I can get the window to play the preview, but I'm looking to actually be able to scrub using the mouse.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

AFAIK there isn't a way, but what about this...

save your current workspace
        create a new workspace with the timeline at the bottom of your screen as small as it will possibly go with your video above it and nothing else.
        That should be similar to what you have now. It would be nice if there was some sort of way to scrub without it though.
        I'd suggest a dual monitor solution. If your output is HD I'd suggest getting a nice 1080p monitor next to you hooked up as a video monitor. That way you could see what the actual results would be. Although, that can be expensive if you have no real budget. lol

(i only laugh because I have no budget to do anything like that...not just to be mean)

Comment

Working...
        X