No announcement yet.

Print formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for your standard desktop printer I won't go more than 100dpi. Anything bigger dpi and personally I can't see much of a difference from a standard desktop printer besides that it takes longer to render in max. The difference in my opninion is so small on a desktop printer that you have to stare at 2 pictures for some time to notice a difference.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
      I have some images that I need to render soon. They will be 1m wide x 2.4 m high. The client has told me that people will be getting fairly close to them. I checked the print size wizard and the resolution came out at an unbelievably large size..something like 28000 x 12000 pixels.
      At that size I'd do it at 200 dpi - which would be closer to 20'000 x 8'000.

Render strips are great & I've had almost no problem with them - except that the automatic re-piecing of the strips loses the alpha channel.
      MDI Digital
      moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_23 View Post
        At that size I'd do it at 200 dpi - which would be closer to 20'000 x 8'000.

Render strips are great & I've had almost no problem with them - except that the automatic re-piecing of the strips loses the alpha channel.
        Thats a question I just put to another thread. I think render elements and alpha channels wont be required for these renders so based on that, strips and the stitching process should work fine then ?
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
        X