X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow

http://www.red.com/nab/scarlet
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/14/r...ini-camcorder/

daaaaaaammmmnnn 3k used for 3k res. wow. awsome!!!!

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Nevermind the Red if you plan matchmoving the shots :P Other then that it's great stuff for sure!

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

ummm, I'll take 2!
      (just kidding)

Comment

ive been reading that the matchmoving can be done with them with the right techniques to counter the rolling shutter. heck. im prety sure they must have done match moving on the movie jumper and that was filmed on a red camera (dont know how much was filmed on red though)

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

i wouldnt know how...at least at that res and with high quality in mind...The higher order distortion of lenses like the Arri Ultra Primes can make shots damn difficult already, let alone jell-o images :P Depends a lot on the shot tho. A slow pan sure is something different as the shotmaker craneshots we usually have heh

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

so more or less does it mean that the red cameras give more or less the same problems as 35mm cameras due to their design?

Comment

That's not what i meant. The design is totally different and the rolling shutter problem is not appearent in non-cmos (CCD, film) cameras. But when using 35mm Lenses they will combine to make it worse :P Mind you again that the rolling shutter problem is very very shot dependent. Vibrations and fast movements of the camera are a no-go tho

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

A friend is doing lot of helicopter stuff one and it's not bad but as you say they're gentle enough shots. Better keep a genesis in reserve just in case :/

I still reckon our place will buy a scarlet - hopefully they've made more progress again with the rolling shutter.

Comment

does anyone know "The foundry Rollingshutter" ?? was wondering if this does fix the problems with the RED when it comes to motion tracking.

Comment

It does help a lot. We've been testing it with some red footage. And while it isnt as appearent on first sight if you correct it and compare it is actually pretty bad with the RED footage we shot (even on rather gentle pans, the shotmaker shots where VERY bad).

The plugin aint perfect for sure but it seems to help a lot!

Regards,
                    Thorsten

Comment

but can it make red footage trackable now?

Comment

In short: yip

You can never tell for any shot of course. But it worked quite nicely with our test footage.

Regards,
                        Thorsten

Comment

I seem to recall reading an article about a new technique of stabilizing cmos footage, might have been from SIGGRAPH maybe, where the results were astonishing.
                          It basically sliced the frames up into spline shaped regions and wobbled them about to fix the shot.
                          Does this ring a bell for someone? I can't seem to find the article any more (lost the bookmark I had). I'd love to see this implemented in "insert favourite compositing suite" or even as a standalone app.
                          Signing out,
                          Christian

Comment

would be great is cmos technology didnt need fixing and that it worked perfect from the start hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X