Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Info Pallete Gone !

Hi

You know the pallete which comes up when rendering an image or more importantly an animation which gives all the time info for the rendered frame ? For some reason, mine has disappeared so seeing how long each frame is going to take is impossible.

Does anyone know how to resolve this ?

Thanks

N
    Last edited by Infrared digital; 15-04-2008, 11:45 PM.
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

It's in your system panel - the vray log tick box. If it's the main one then it's probably gone off screen and you'll need to edit your 3dsmax.ini to get it back.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain but, where do I find the ini file and what do I need to change to get the window back on the screen ?
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

you need to change it's position in the ini file.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Do a search for 3dsmax.ini - in max 8 it's in the root of your 3dsmax folder, in later versions I fink autodesk may have moved it into a profile in your documents and settings. pen up this file in a text editor and do a search for "render" you'll get a few lines with things like

Dimension=1022 113 379 778

which correspond to the coordinates of your dialog on screen - try setting those to lower numbers. They're mapped to the pixels on your monitor so if you use 1600 x 1200 and you're seeing numbers greater than them, it's likely the dialog has gone off the screen somehow.

Comment

You can also get it back if it is select by hitting Alt+Space (opens the system menu on the selected window) "m" (selects move) then one cursor key (attaches the window to the mouse cursor) and then get the mousecursor back on the right screen and the window should be following the mouse cursor.

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Thanks for your replies - I plugged in another monitor and as mentioned, it was on the other screen so I just moved it onto the main one and all was sorted.

Thanks again.

N
              www.morphic.tv
              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X