Shimakaze's Tools (SP2 update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digtlpete View Post
    @Shimakaze- This is a great tool! I have one small request: Can you give an option to save out the .exr with an imbedded alpha channel? Just currious.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Sadly this is not possible with the current version of vrimg2exr.exe so it's out of my hands.
    Several people have requested it of Chaosgroup before though so it might be added in the future.

Comment

To coincide with the release of SP3, here's a new version of the vrimg2exr batch script. Note that the old version won't work with SP3 and vice versa.
      See the first post in the thread for more info and download link.

~Shima

Comment

Hello and thanks to release that so quickly, but i have a wish... Is there any chance to have the same plugins to after FX ?? it's very usefull for a lot of things than photoshop...

Thanks by advance !
        i ll be back
        http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

Thanks for sorting this out so quickly! I'd be proper stuffed without this invaluable tool.....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by raistlin View Post
            Hello and thanks to release that so quickly, but i have a wish... Is there any chance to have the same plugins to after FX ?? it's very usefull for a lot of things than photoshop...

Thanks by advance !
            Hmmm I haven't thought of that possibility before.... god idea. I'll look into it, the Photoshop stuff needs to be updated anyway.

Comment

any word on the after effects version

Comment

I haven't had time to work on this for a while but I'm planning to. I need to update the Photoshop version as well. It doesn't do all the things I need it to do myself.

Comment

cool thanks shimakaze

Comment

When we are using your vrimg2exr conversion tool (which is fabulous) it runs quite slow when converting 1.5GB vrimg files on our network. Is there a way that the memory allocations can be altered to speed this up?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Richard Birket
                    ----------------------------------->
                    http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                      When we are using your vrimg2exr conversion tool (which is fabulous) it runs quite slow when converting 1.5GB vrimg files on our network. Is there a way that the memory allocations can be altered to speed this up?
                      I've uploaded a new version that lets you alter the maximum buffer size used for conversion. Setting it higher should make things faster. Use the link in the first post to download it.

Comment

Lovely! Well done my man!
                        Kind Regards,
                        Richard Birket
                        http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Great Tools, Shimakaze !

One Question: I often use the vrimg2exr batch conversion tool, works great. But it seems to be impossible to extract a VrayEtxraTex channel, right ? Is it possible to integrate this function ?

Comment

When using ExtraTex elements the name of the element changes based on the name of the texture you chose.
                            It is possible to export it in batch mode, but you have to manually edit the bat file to do it.

To do it, first turn off automatic conversion and open one of your vrimg files. In the command window that opens, choose option 5 to view file info. In there, find the name of the VrayExtraTex channel. (the one between the quotation marks)

Next, open the bat file in a text editor and scroll down to the line that says:
                            c:\vrimg2exr %1 %1_MultimatteElement5.exr -channel "MultiMatteElement5" %options%
                            copy this line and paste it straight below it. Now you simply have to replace "MultiMatteElement5" with the name you found earlier, turn Auto mode back on, and make some coffee.
                            You can repeat this for as many additional elements as you want. The same can be done with VRay_MtlSelect as well.
                            Last edited by Shimakaze; 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I had hoped, that there is an easy way to extract all channels (including extratex) automatically...
                              Extracting manually works fine fine. Thanks !

Comment

It's only possible if you change the names of the elements in Vray before rendering. To do that, rename the elements something like "VrayExtraTex01" and so on, and edit the bat file to include those names as well. That way, those elements will be exported if they exist in the vrimg file.

Comment

Working...
                                X