Which graphics card do you use?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which graphics card do you use?...

I'd just like to throw something out there to see what common opinion is at the moment...

As a company we've always used Nvidia Quadros in various forms. I think most of us are using Quadro FX4600 (our machines are Dell Precisions). Now we recently replaced one of our older cards with an Asus 8800GTX... the thing is that it seems to be out performing our Quadros.. and it's a quarter of the price. Has anyone had any similar experiences? or shed some light as on the subject?

Thanks all

We did a great deal of testing through quadro's, ATI fire GL's (Even with massive discount) and the 8800 GTX cards, with the latter coming out well on top.

If youre going for a full update, use the money saved and upgrade your processors.
    Last edited by Neilg; 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I'm running a FX3450 here at work, but I've been contemplating building a budget system at home with a 9600GT with 512MB and a Q9300.

Comment

Hi

I've always been an ATI fan and I use a EAH2900 XT and I'm very happy with it. I wont mind the latest FireGL just "because its the latest and the fastest graphics card available".

However this dont mean jack as MAX dont seem to use the power of workstation cards and you're better off getting the best games card you can get and then use the remaining cash as cubiclegangster said to get better CPU's or more RAM.

Kind Regards,
        Morne
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

We're using FireGL v7300's here and I must say it's a waste of money.

MAX performance is awful.

64bit software is awful.

I'd just stick with mainstream gaming cards if it were up to me.

Comment

Mainstream Gaming Cards, mostly Nvidia but also older Ati.
            FireGL and Quadro Cards are a waste of money in my opinion !

Comment

Originally posted by samuel_bubat View Post
              Mainstream Gaming Cards, mostly Nvidia but also older Ati.
              FireGL and Quadro Cards are a waste of money in my opinion !
              Same opinion here :

At work : 8800 GTS 320, 8800 Utra and some 8800 GT

Best regards
              My Flickr

Comment

8800 GTX here, and it's wonderful.

Comment

i think it depends on your OS. Are you talking 32 bit or 64 bit? Are you talking XP or Vista? I have a quadro fx 3500 on a 64 bit vista OS and it is without question the weakest card for the most money that i have ever had.
                  mh

Comment

Working...
                  X