No announcement yet.

Lighting Artist for Hatch Studios Ltd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Artist for Hatch Studios Ltd.

Arrrrghh... why is it so hard to find good talent!???

Still looking for lighting artist to join our Hatch Team, work on lots of cool stuff, and occasionally goof off.

Must have 2-3 years production experience and, please read following carefully:
    ***MUST WORK IN-STUDIO***

(Yes, I'm forced to bold, caps and underline this because no matter how many times I state it, I still get applicants from across the planet.)

Send your work samples to info@hatchstudios.net or mail it in to our address found here:
    http://www.hatchstudios.net

-Richard
    Richard Rosenman
    Creative Director
    http://www.hatchstudios.com
    http://www.richardrosenman.com

Originally posted by richard_rosenman View Post
    Arrrrghh... why is it so hard to find good talent!???
    Why is it so hard to find a good employer
    I can't apply, since I'm "accross the planet" but good luck finding someone...
    www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
    @home:
    / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
    / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
    @work:
    / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
    / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

The goofing off part intrigues me....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Careful of colloquialisms unless you've a company stash of heroin :P

I agree it's a pain trying to find folks :/

Comment

You can always move your studio to my house then I will work in it.

See, that's creative solutions thinking at work for you...
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

hahahaha. I see hatchstudios posts on all major job forums And no luck?
            Well...maybe its time to open your mind for people overseas or in other city? Why is it absolute must to have some one inhouse? I mean I know its hard to establish a working relationship with some one elsewhere. But maybe its worth a try?
            Also, there are too few 3ds max people around in north america.
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
              Also, there are too few 3ds max people around in north america.
              Ain't 3dsMax more popular in North America than in Europe/Asia....?
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

To be honest finding people that are reliable who work remotely is very difficult. I've tried and only have a couple people I can trust out of dozens. People have a tendency to do other things when they should be working. Most people fail miserably.

Comment

Tell ya what Richard, open an office in Calgary and Ill be in there in a heartbeat
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Maybe things will eventually change. I can understand the need to have people in office, I find myself going more and more to clients offices just to be able to have better relations. At the same time it is amazing to me that posts like this get responses like "good people are hard to find". If I was in a position to I would pay to work with Hatch. I would internship or love to just hang out and pick up tips.

Thats not what you are looking for I know.

Comment

Yeah - but it still makes it difficult to find people which meet or exceed your standards. I get about 2-5 resumes a day. Pretty much all garbage. More than half don't have portfolios and are using different applications.

Now try to work with them remotely and make sure they get things done with quality and efficiency.

I probably saw about 1-2 this year out of several hundred which caught my interest. As for interns, I get about 3 applications a day. To be honest, I don't have the time to mess around and teach someone stuff when I could be working.

I'd rather hire someone that could teach me instead.

In today's age, a lot of should be able to work from the comfort of our own homes. I know this sounds cruel, but unfortunately, most people are retarded and there will always be haves and have-nots. Those that have strong work ethics and those that lack motivation. Others just have funky bad genes. Survival of the fittest - evolution at play.

Maybe things will eventually change.
                      Nope. See above. Society as a whole would have to put aside their differences and develop ethics - or artificial intelligence, or a pill which makes everyone super-intelligent.
                      Last edited by jujubee; 23-05-2008, 09:21 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                      X