No announcement yet.

Onyx Tree company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's no fear that if you purchased treestorm 32-bit ...you need to pay again for the 64-bit version...it should be a free for download if you have a license.

I don't really like that company...I've had a lot discussions with them about the service and specially regarding treestorm.
    show me the money!!

Comment

64bit versions are an extra pay for quite a bunch of applications and plugins. Mainly cause it causes extra work to be done and more maintenance.

Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

hey

i too have been meaning to make the Onyx treestorm purchase however i constantly hear how people are using x-frog and how they are so much better, however i have downloade some samples of xfrog and i can never manage to get them to work right when i proxy them, am i doing something wrong ? also they seem to take a shit load of polys and my comp tends to crash quite freqeuently on a dual quad core. Any suggestions also? Is onyx heavy on polys should i give them a try?
        Ruben Gil
        www.spvisionz.com
        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

i don't know quite what, but you may be doing something wrong in the I-O phase.
          I normally save OBJs and import them.
          Re-texture and proxy out.
          They are quite heavy on polycount (unless you use the Tune package to reduce them, or force lower detail than what it defaults to), but I'd take that anytime if i can make good enough leaf profiles without opacity maps (which i can all too well with X-Frog).
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I'd like to see some side-by-side pictures of Onyx and X-Frog from someone who has both. I'm generally satisfied with Onyx but you never know when you might come across something better.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              Lol it's a tense period, i'll admit.
              Big move now very close, and i couldn't bottle the sarcasm :P
              Jokes apart, i know a couple of people on the forums that were "told off" by the devs in a very un-hippy way, so i just bashed their "about us" text :P
              Take it as a joke (if of bad taste)!

L.
              all the bad taste i ve seen was on that text imho...and apparently on their lack of diplomatic speech when dealing with others...
              lele s comments on the "about us" text were precious...made me laugh till i cry!
              Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
              nuno@ene-digital.com
              00351 917593145

Comment

and trees (linked as quite big)

http://www.xfrogdownloads.com/greenw...m_hires_2k.jpg
                http://www.xfrogdownloads.com/greenw...a_hires_2k.jpg

In any case on the greenworks site you can find from animations of growth to loads of images of plants and such.
                Last edited by ^Lele^; 27-06-2008, 01:49 AM.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                X