crashes with fx4600 + directx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crashes with fx4600 + directx

i still have the problem with crashes when i turn from open gl to directx (9.0). didnĀ“thave a single crash in open gl the last mounths and when i switch to direct x, the workflow is gettin much better, zooming, moving even with enourmous polygonnumbers works nearly without delay - but i get crashes...
    it would be so nice to get use the card with the directx viewport drivers as the workflow is so much better.
    (i work with wireframe in ortogonal viewports, and smooth + highlights in perspective/cam viewport)

dell t7400
    quadro fx 4600

There were some problems with the "Show maps in viewports" option of VRayMtl materials on older versions of V-Ray, but this is corrected for SP2. Other than that, I'm not sure what might be causing it... have you tried updating the video card drivers?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i installed the latest drivers from the dell homepage for the graficcard, but it didn`t solve the problem. i had crashes with "show maps in viewport" before and after installing sp2. as i have no crashes in open gl i guess it`s not a vray but a driver issue.
      never tried the maxtreme drivers, as dell support told me only to use the drivers of their homepage. whats your oppinion about that vlado?
      Last edited by max montana; 24-06-2008, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X