Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceNavigator Craziness!

To any and all SpaceNavigator users!

Got mine last Friday and installed it, and have been really digging it ever since. But I have experienced two debilitating bugs that make it unusable:

1. My undos in max don't work correctly at all. If I move an object and hit CTRL-Z, it either undoes the last camera move or some "Parameter Change" that was not the object move I just did.

2. When I click and drag objects or bezier handles with my mouse, they move in an amplified way -- moving exponentially further away from the cursor the more I drag rather than staying right underneath it. Combine this with no functioning undo and I have to uninstall this thing.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I've put in a support ticket on the first issue, but didn't realize exactly how the other one was happening till just now. I'm running their latest drivers and software on 3ds max 2008 x64. One person on the 3dconnexion forums had this problem but no one posted a fix other than to update the drivers.

Thanks guys. Can't wait to fix this -- the SpaceNavigator's awesome!

Shaun
    ShaunDon

I just did a re-install of the drivers and rebooted my machine and now it's back to normal. I'll have to watch it, I'm thinking the problem must slowly come back since I've had this installed for two days and just this morning noticed it. Very strange, 'cause both issues went away after I reinstalled the drivers.
    ShaunDon

Comment

I have one, and it made me re-think the way I navigate my scenes. But I too ran into issues while using it, so I just set up my mouse a little differently to mimick the controls, granted I cannot zoom pan and orbit at the same time which was useful
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

Working...
      X