Real time ray tracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real time ray tracing

I know the ATI's are very very fast in max viewports today but im pretty sure its not what they are talking about:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38145/135/

I would loooove to use this in vray somehow
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

i wouldnt bet a dime on ANY statements in this article as i havent come across about as bullshit statements as the following in a while:

Technically, there will be no need for artists wasting time on character design. Artists will be able to focus on the creation of virtual worlds with amazing details, creating a perfect transition between movie and gaming worlds.
    Waste time on character design ??? wth...

And there's a whole lot of really weird statements that clearly show the complete absence of knowledge on the subject. And while browsing their homepage some stuff looks like pretty neat shaders a lot of the pics looks as gamelike as gamelike can be (=low poly etc etc etc).

I smell more marketing then sensation there heh

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Exactly! Why waste time on character design? Why waste your precious time and money?! Why waste time on modeling? Or on shading? Oh my dear! When you have got this thing I want to sell that is so great! So go on focus on the creation of virtual worlds with amazing details! Create a perfect transition between bullshit and more bullshit!

Considering actual production environments, raytracing etc, gaming video cards have always been strong on the marketing side only...

We will see, ...till then I am happy to waste time on character design.

Best regards,
      A.
      credit for avatar goes here

Comment

looks realy good to me.
        Daniel Westlund

Comment

I looked at their website and was not very impressed with the render quality I saw there,
          seen similar things with DX shaders, just a nice lighting model. The Lareebee stuff I have seen was much more impressive.
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
          X