X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation / max

Hi all,
    i have a question for max:
    i have 9 Objects wich are moving with constant-speed in z/x directions one after another.
    like a doze-puzzle. so object - after object.
    now is there a way in max to give the animation of 9 objects 1 curve for position? so that i could control the speed of the whole animation over a bezier curve?
    i would love to handle it in max, not in post.
    i try'd over animation-layer, but he wan't give a control curve for it.

any ideas?

thanks and best regards

Jonas
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Path constraint with offsets for each object?

Comment

Helpful script

I use this all the time to do similar things, the secret is to name your objects i nthe order you would like them to be offset / shifted.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/keyshifter1-2

Cheers
      Mike K
      Two heads are better than one ...
      ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

hi thanks for your tips!
        but i'am looking for a way to have one speed curve for the whole animation.
        Like the motion mixer, where the whole animation is one closed group. and you can control the time range over a bezier curve.

i think its way easyer to do it in post. but would be great to have it in max.
        Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
        www.shack.de

Comment

Hi Jonas,

maybe you copy your xyz euler controler and paste it at the other objects inside the curve-editor as instanced controlers.

this could do the job.

hmm, but this would let them stay exactly at the same place...

maybe a listcontroler with two xyz eulercontrolers inside it, and only one of them is instanced.

Well this would let them go the same speed the same time, but different positions..

well

maybe i dont know ...

Tom

Comment

do them all with a basic linear motion over a common distance (so all at same speed) - then apply an ease curve in track view and instance the ease curve to all of them - not sure if that does what you need but could be worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by tom schuelke View Post
              Hi Jonas,

maybe you copy your xyz euler controler and paste it at the other objects inside the curve-editor as instanced controlers.

this could do the job.

hmm, but this would let them stay exactly at the same place...

maybe a listcontroler with two xyz eulercontrolers inside it, and only one of them is instanced.

Well this would let them go the same speed the same time, but different positions..

well

maybe i dont know ...

Tom
              well..

do them all with a basic linear motion over a common distance (so all at same speed) - then apply an ease curve in track view and instance the ease curve to all of them - not sure if that does what you need but could be worth a look
              but then would i copy the same movement to all objects or? do i missunderstand?
              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
              www.shack.de

Comment

Working...
              X