Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

archviz - what's your presention method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• archviz - what's your presention method?

just wondering how most people hand over archviz presentations/animations to clients?

do you:

1. hand over a CD/USB stick with a MOV/WMV on it
    2. hand over an auto-playing DVD
    3. hand over a menu driven DVD
    4. none of the above, something else

i'm toying with DVD's but am a little weary about compatibility with clients untested DVD players.......

We ask the client what they want.

Sometimes email, sometimes post, sometimes .png/tga folders or .mov/avi, animations either uploaded to an ftp or put on a dvd, either as a file, simple dvd that just plays and we've done some with full menu's and an entire presentation on it.

Talk to your clients about it, discuss the benifits of each and find out whats best for them.

Comment

Usually option #1 for developers since they usually want it to put on a web page. If they want a DVD I can provide it for an additional fee (it's in my contract as this) or they can have their marketing company put it on a DVD. Most of my animations are not full presentations however, maybe a simple title and some background music, but not a polished marketing piece with flying logos, stock footage/stills, etc. etc. so I think it makes sense.

For architects I'll sometimes just provide an FTP site so they can download the completed animation and maybe follow up with a CD. THey're usually presenting it as part of a in person presentation from a laptop so a DVD doesn't really help much.

Lately I've been doing h.264 videos to get a very good quality/size ratio. Making sure they can view it though sometimes present a hassle but it's pretty easy to fix.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

My personal opinion is "don't waste time doing something boring", I mean: my target is create good images (the best I can), so I prefer to leave all the other stuff (CD, DVD, presentations, plotting, printing or whatever) to someone else.
        So, as general rule, I provide my works exclusively in digital format via FTP.
        Alessandro

Comment

Still images are always offered through a client download area on our site.
          Animations always on DVD, clients often don't have codecs installed so the only option after DVD is mpg. But then some client work on crappy pc's that can't play a full res animation without stutter. So DVD is the standard for us.
          A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

we check with clients...
            1. hand over a CD/DVD
            2. hand over through mails
            3. hand over through ftp
            3. hand over a print format ,etc

Comment

we check with clients...
              1. hand over a CD/DVD
              2. hand over through mails
              3. hand over through ftp
              4. hand over a print format ,etc