washed out MOV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washed out MOV's

have been suffering from slightly washed out MOV's using Sorenson 3, and more particularly H.264, codecs.

not sure if this has been posted already but this is the fix:

"SOLUTION: After rendering into a QuickTime/h.264 file, open it up in QuickTime Pro and select “Show Movie Properties.” Highlight the video track then click on the “Visual Settings” tab. Towards the bottom left you should see “Transparency” with a drop-down box next to it. Select “Blend” from the menu then move the “Transparency Level” slider to 100%. Choose “Straight Alpha” from the same drop-down and close the properties window and finally “Save.”

This will fix your video files upon the save step."

found it here:
    http://www.dvinfo.net//conf/showthre...t=73197&page=2

This is great!! i've been looking for an apropiate sonrenson export config for ages.

Thanks a lot, i love you.
    www.gaell.com

Comment

Has anyone been able to save this setting? I tried with a couple quicktimes and changing the transparency setting does work; but when I save the file it doesn't retain this change. I open the file up again and the video is washed out again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

The problem is that Quicktime is doing a gamma "correction" and doesn't give you any controls over it.

I'm starting to give up on QT movies after having to deal with this issue way too much.

Comment

I now just play .movs with media player classic, I've changed all the view options so all I see is the time slider and much happier with it than the quicktime player

Comment

Working...
          X