Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have some Onyx plants wind animations I can look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have some Onyx plants wind animations I can look at?

Hi all

I'm thinking of getting Onyx garden super bundle with treestorm. I need to animate some trees and bushes and grass blowing in the wind (from vehichles driving past and helicopters flying over). Onyx only have a crap example on their site. Would you recommend onyx for this with VRay and do you have an example you've done I can look at please? I also had a look at XFrog website but that seems very old and outdated.

Regards,
    Morne
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

anybody at all?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

onyx is fantastic.
      I have been using it since it first came out on all sorts of jobs.
      For animation wind when cars go passed a tree is something you cant really do with onyx/treestorm, you will need to build the tree first then animate by hand. Not the most ideal situation but it works well.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Also consider GrowFX as well. I'm pretty sure it has most of the options that Onyx does, probably not the same amount of presets, but is far more appealing if you like getting into the guts of the tree that you're making. Also has wind and growth animation.

Comment

GrowFX

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
          Also consider GrowFX as well. I'm pretty sure it has most of the options that Onyx does, probably not the same amount of presets, but is far more appealing if you like getting into the guts of the tree that you're making. Also has wind and growth animation.
          The problem is that GroFX website does not have sufficient examples to help make my mind up. I need some screenshots and more plants. I don't have the bandwidth to look at the large tutorial animations they have on their site. More so if I'm not sure about the product...
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Yeah same. They need to sell it with the view that it's in direct competition with Onyx, and to a lesser degree X-frog, so they definately need more examples or even renders of nature scenes with large varieties of plants made in it.

Comment

Working...
            X