X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor recommendation and search

Hi
    I want to buy a new monitor.

now I am using a 23" apple. and I am not happy with that at all!!!
    colors are very good BUT......
    there is no color-consistency.
    left side of screen goes to slight-magenta, and right side to yellow.

and it has very serious ghosting problems. after working 15minutes or more with 3dsmax, then I can see ghost of all 3dsmax menus on my desktop.
    this is the 4th monitor that was replaced and all the other had color-inconsistency and/or ghosting problem. I paid 1600 EUR and it is a waste
    anyway...

I just wanted to learn which monitors do you use?
    Are you happy with colors?

I heard that brand is not much important but the type of panel.
    IPS panels and S-PVA panels are recommended for color work while TN panels are good for games.
    Is not much variety IPS or S-PVA panels in europe. and most are so expensive- not cheaper like in US.

So what monitors are you using?

hello giraffe

Samsung Sync Master 245T...good stuff , very happy with it too, perfect and consistent colors, great calibration tools, nice dot pitch...cant do anything else than recommend
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I can imagine. I used an 19" samsung CRT before my apple and I was very happy with that.
      How much are these cost?
      I dont know if I can find in my country. I hope...

Comment

I would highly recommend the Professional Grade NEC MultiSync LCD 2490WUXi.
        Beautiful colours and high contrast. Much better than the apples and comparing it to my 22" CRT, is so much brighter.
        sigpic

Vu Nguyen
        -------------------------
        www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

245T should be around 1000 dollars incl VAT, may be less.

here r some of the specs:
          1920 x 1200, 24inch,
          0.27 dot pitch, 6ms, 300cd/sqm,
          1:1000 contrast
          both viewing angles at 178 degrees

u can rotate the monitor around Y axis by 90degrees as well
          Martin
          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Giraffe, listen me. I've use a Samsung Sync Master 245T, after i switch to DELL 2709W . 27" PVA monitor ... The best monitor with the best quality/price ratio. In Italy 529 euro. It's a good price. The color is superb and the size is good! 5*

LINK

Bye

cecofuli
            www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
            Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Ah, this is the complete review!

REVIEW

If you have some question, i'm here

Bye

cecofuli
              www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
              Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

hi,
                I spend a lot of time reading reviews last week because i had to buy a new monitor.
                i almost bought the DELL 2709W but some users reported a huge input lag making it impossible to select objects precisely when working in a hurry.
                Basically your mouse-pointer will lag behind what you are doing with the mouse.

In the end i bought an 27" Acer AL2723W for 670 Euros based on a review in the german CT magazine. Its almost like the Dell but with a faster response.

I am very happy with it, colors look great and working became a lot more fun now.
                Reflect, repent and reboot.
                Order shall return.

Comment

Thanks so much all friends !
                  I will search all the recommendations and check if I can buy here.
                  and I will re-ask your opinions about what I can find
                  best wishes

Comment

I'm very happy with my Dell 24" widescreen monitors. I use 2 side by side. I also recently picked up a used Wacom Cintiq 21 which is very handy for drawing directly on an image (assuming you use a lot of photo editing programs.)

The Dell's seem to be producing the best colors without ghosting. However, I think you will always want a color calibration tool such as the Spyder with any monitor you get.
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

there's some very thorough reviews of lots of monitors here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/

Comment

biigest problem is that it is impossible to find these monitors here
                        till now, I could only find HP2475W- 900USD.
                        I am still searching.
                        I wish I can find samsung.

@jujubee: I never calibrated any of my monitors before. do you make this with a hardware? or software?

Comment

I am also very happy with my 2 dell 24" widescreens (Dell 2408WFP). As far as I could tell they were comparable with the NEC professional grade, but they cost much less than the NEC.

I hear now they are less than £300 each. I need to get one for home now.

The Spyder Pro is a hardware device with a software component that allows it to calibrate your monitors and then store and load the profile it created. If you have two monitors it is very useful to have a graphics card that supports 2 separate profiles (like the ATI FireGL).
                          Last edited by Clifton Santiago; 14-10-2008, 08:15 AM.
                          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
                          X