Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which do you use- max9? max2008? max2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which do you use- max9? max2008? max2009?

and happy with it ?

max 9 and not really happy with it...will have to try to upgrade to 2009 and buy the damn subscription and pray that they gonna do some sort of miracle with their next version
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

2008, and nearly happy with it.
      havn't found a big reason for switching to 2009 yet.
      Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
      www.shack.de

Comment

Originally posted by jonnybefree View Post
        2008, and nearly happy with it.
        havn't found a big reason for switching to 2009 yet.
        Same, happy to stay put for now

Comment

We've just had our reminder through to pay for the subscription renewals. Really not sure what to do this time. We are on Max 2009 64bit, AutoDesk Architecture 2009 and good old Vray 1.5 SP2. I honestly don't see the point in upgrading as we don't really use any of the 'high-end' featureset of Max (or ADT for that matter), and one of the main reasons we went to Max 2009 (from Max9 32bit) was to keep current with the latest versions of Vray.

It really is a dilemma.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Max 2008 and ok with it; though IT keeps asking why I don't use the 2009 copy that came in.

Comment

We use Max Design 2009 and are content with it. The transition took a while for us to get used to, but things are running pretty smoothly now.

Originally posted by tricky View Post
              We've just had our reminder through to pay for the subscription renewals. Really not sure what to do this time.
              1. Figure out how much an upgrade will cost vs continued subscription cost.

2. Figure out how many realeases you would have to wait for the money you would save on cancelling subsctiption to pay for an upgrade.

3. Determine whether or not you will be able to wait that long to forgoe any possible updates and new features.

My suggestion would be to go one more round with your subscription to see what autodesk is planning for this whole Max Design idea.
              Last edited by beestee; 13-10-2008, 07:43 AM.
              Ben Steinert
              pb2ae.com

Comment

Software

3DS MAX Design 2009. I don't know anything else so I have nothing to compare it with. I did do several days worth of training on lynda.com and now that I know what I am doing, after 10 years, things got a whole lot easier.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

just switched over to max design 2009 from viz 2008.
                  bit too early to tell yet how much time it's going to take to get used to...
                  when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

ok ok ok. dont laugh at me. im using max8

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

2009 - Because I'm on subscription, and tend to think newer is better (unless we're talking about compatibility, where older is better )

Comment

Im still using MAX 9... ive got both 2008 and 2009 sitting on a shelf beside me but Ive just never gotten around to installing them

Are there any new great improvements in the latest versions that makes them worth installing? Ive read about splinemapping and I can see that could be really useful, but other than that - what am I missing?

Comment

We have 2008 and 2009 here too but we use Max9 on production.

Splinemap is pretty cool, on our last project I did map a road in 2009 and exported back to Max9 just to use splinemapping, thats all I've used from Max 2009 so far...
                          I use 2008 only for scripting, MUCH better environnement than older versions.

Comment

bugs in hair and fur driving me nuts
                            otherwise no worries
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

thanks for replies
                              @codi: why u specially use max9 for production? is more stable than 2008 and 2009 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X