Quicktime VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicktime VR

I've got a new project coming up and I am hoping for some advise before I get started.

I need to create a QT VR of an building consisting of an number of rooms. I would like to be able to navigate from room to room by clicking the doorways which I believe is quite achievable using hotspots. I am also required to show some product info so if I was to click on a chair or a table it would show some information about that product.

As I understand it what I need to do is, create a VR for each room using 3dsMax Pamorama exporter and then use something to create hotspots and link them together.

1. Can anyone recommend some software for doing this? I have searched the internet and found a few programs but have know idea which is the best to use.

2. Am I able to show product information in this way? Ideally I just want to show the info within the qt player, alternatly maybe launch a pdf or jpg.

3. I have read of people use a spherical lense with FOV 360. Do you need to do this? from my tests an standard cam seems to work ok.

4. Is there anyway to get it working using the Vray Frame buffer? Whilst testing the VFB only created black files.

If anyone has any other advise please feel free to chip in. I am sure many of you have been creating VR's for years but I've never had the need until now.

Thanks in advance.
    Greg

If you have only 5-6 panoramas to link together to a panotour then render it by switching to spherical projection in the camera rollout in the render dialoge and link them together with: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

you can output it to flash which really works much much better then QTVR on any system which can play flash movies.

if you have relly a lot of panos, then i could offer you a maxscript which creates a QTvr's Tour by placing linked "panonodes" in the scene ..if you are interrested, then send me a mail .. it's btw, a tuned version of http://www.cgtechniques.com/goodies/panotour/ which could be also a good solution if you don't really need QTVR.
    www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Try www.pano2qtvr.com for doing the hotspots and creating the qtvrs from your 360 degree images.

Note - you wont be able to use the vray phys cam to render the 360 degree image.
      .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

What do you guys do about outputting quicktimes with 64bit Max, since I upgraded to 64bit I can longer save to quicktime - I believe it is not supported on XP64?
        chris
        www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

I've kept one 32bit computer just for this reason!
          .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjacks21 View Post
            What do you guys do about outputting quicktimes with 64bit Max, since I upgraded to 64bit I can longer save to quicktime - I believe it is not supported on XP64?
            I use panocube to construct my QTVR's after rendering with a vray spherical camera. I have no problems building the QTVR on my 64bit system, but you can't play them back on the 64bit system using quicktime (32bit works no problem).

So I use devalVR player to view the movie file on my system before sending it out to others.

http://www.devalvr.com/index.html

Comment

Thanks folks, pano2VR looks perfect, giving me the option to export as swf files.

Dschaga, you said, "render it by switching to spherical projection in the camera rollout in the render dialoge". By that do you mean that I shouldn't use the panorama exporter and instead export a still and let pano2VR create the QTVR? - Thanks for the offer of the script, I'm not sure if I'll have a lot of these to do yet, it dependes on how the first stages of this project goes. I'll email you if I think I would utilise your script.

also. Will i be able to show product information using Pano2VR, I'd like to be able to click a chair and info about that chair to be displayed.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the Vray Frame Buffer using the Panorama exporter?

Thanks again
              Greg

Comment

With Vray SP3 you can now use physical cams with spherical, cylindrical, etc. overides.
                Daniel Black
                Archtagon LLC
                www.archtagon.com

Comment

Might not be what you are looking for but this may be of interest:

http://www.panosalado.com/images/spi...007/index.html

http://panosalado.com/panosalado
                  Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

And another one: http://www.krpano.com/examples/vtour/

The others i know have already been mentioned, so think this thread covers all the flash pano viewers now

/Thomas
                    www.suurland.com
                    www.cg-source.com
                    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Dont forget you can now use VRay Physical cameras in spherical/cylindrical mode
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I'd recommend using flash format anyway since anyone with XP64 won't be able to open your file. Seems kind of limiting for them. Works ok on Vista though.

It's an Apple issue though, not a Max issue. Apple just said they will never support XP 64bit if I am remembering correctly.

Comment

FYI, i cant open quicktime VR's on vista64 either.

if you want the best currently available flash player (loads quicktimes too):

http://flashpanoramas.com/blog/
                          Marc Lorenz
                          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                          www.marclorenz.com
                          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Is their a tutorial on how to create a pano from v-ray into QuickTime?
                            Last edited by glorybound; 29-06-2009, 02:23 PM.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com
                            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Spherical Panoramic

Actually really easy!

How To Make a Spherical Panoramic with V-Ray
                              ============================================
                              01) load your finished room
                              02) put a Free Camera in the centre of the room
                              03) Hit F10 to bring up the Render dialog box
                              04) change the resolution/render size to 2:1 ratio (2000x1000, etc)
                              05) select the V-Ray Camera Roll-out under the Renderer tab
                              06) select SPHERICAL under camera type
                              07) select Override and type in 360 (to get a complete room)
                              0 render
                              09) at this point, I put the rendered image onto my webspace
                              and show it off with javascript in an html file
                              10) you can put this rendered image an a spherical environment map
                              and then use the normal camera in an empty set and then use the
                              panorama exporter to make a quicktime vr movie out of it.
                              Bobby Parker
                              www.bobby-parker.com
                              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X