reactor unpredictability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reactor unpredictability...

I've been trying to do some fairly simple animation in reactor, can't say I've been getting anywhere fast though. I'm tempted to do it all manually, at least that way things won't jump about in a crazy fashion.

That's the problem really - if I want to say for instance, scoot something along a flat surface, hit something solid like a wall and then tumble a bit - sounds easy enough right? If I use a low poly piece of geometry it seems to work okay. When I jump up to a higher poly piece of geometry, it all of a sudden jumps about, doesn't seem to know what way to act.

I'm assuming it's a scale problem, but I haven't a notion really. I think reactor is a bit pants to be honest unless you want to drop a block on to a plane. I want to preview something then it says ooh sorry too high poly, or this piece of geomtry is too small, or it's concave, or convex, or co-planar, or intersecting with god knows what. Graarargha!!!!!

You can try the different Havok engines (there are Havok 1 and Havok 3 I think).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes, i havoc3 is strange, it doesn't seem to work (or i have no idea how).
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Havoc 3 is for rigid bodies only. If you are having strange behaviour with your objects you will need to check the world scale, max steps (the higher, the more accurate the solution) and collision radius. If you have an object that has only 1 side, ie a plane, you will need to check as a concave object. Usually with objects that are closed you can use a convex mesh setting. (It may be the other way round, but you get what I mean).

If you want to send me the scene I could probably help you.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
        X