weird display flickering in 3dsmax 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird display flickering in 3dsmax 2009

I wanted to share my experience of the last 2 days with max 2009.

I suddenly had weird display errors when working in max 2009 SP1. I couldn't work anymore. everytime I wanted to display the mateditor or the renderdialog it seemed that the viewport is overlapping the windows. and always I wanted to open the menu with the mouse, the menu disappeared...

I tried D3D and OGL display in every variation. first I thought it is a redraw problem, but it wasn't. then I updated the graphiccard driver, but it didn't helped either. I found one person who discribed the same problem on the area, but they didn't found a solution there.

finally I updated the bios AND my mouse driver (IntelliPoint 6.2) to 6.3 and the problems were gone.

I am on XP 32-bit, PNY Quadro 3700, 4 GB Ram, Cpu i7, Mainboard Asus P6T Deluxe. my mouse is a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. the best mouse I worked with.

maybe this helps other people too.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

I also had redraw problems with Intellipoint drivers in the past, I did solve it using an older mouse driver version (5.5 instead of 6.2, if I remember correctly). I have a Quadro gfx card too (FX 4600).

Will try 6.3 to see if they fixed this for me.

Comment

Working...
    X