No announcement yet.

Viewing Multiple Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have installed Tight VNC and like it however there are a few teething problems.

When I have linked to another machine and have its screen up on my main monitor - when I try to navigate through explorer for example, I have to refresh everytime to see the result of any double click that I do.

Is there a way to sort this out ?
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
      Well, not being very web-tech savvy, this Is the exact reason I opted for logmein (tried using no-ip.org's host software with the standard approach)....free version first for basic remote control, later on the pro version as it is quite cheap.
      I just tried LogMeIn Free for internet remote and was pretty impressed too-easy to set up and it works great. For managing the renderfarm I still like tightVNC but for outside the office I'm leaning towards LMI.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Infrared digital View Post
        When I have linked to another machine and have its screen up on my main monitor - when I try to navigate through explorer for example, I have to refresh everytime to see the result of any double click that I do.

Is there a way to sort this out ?
        You can set the properties as follows:
        Under the "Hooks"tab, check "Poll Full Screen" and set it to anything you're comfortable with (e.g. 500ms is 1/2 second).
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Excellent, that sorted it out !

Now I am having the same problem with Log me in - does anyone know the solution to refreshing in it ? I especially have problems with refreshing Max.
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Infrared digital View Post
            Excellent, that sorted it out !

Now I am having the same problem with Log me in - does anyone know the solution to refreshing in it ? I especially have problems with refreshing Max.

Hmm..never really had that problem, but the support guys at lmi are pretty good at answering stuff in a timely manner. They were even kind enough to help me with an issue in windows 7, as it is not supported.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

Thanks Trixian, I will contact them.
              www.morphic.tv
              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Hey!

I agree. Logmein is sweet!
                However 3dsmax2008 won't work with it. Viewports are not working at all. And if i try to open a file max crashes. Anyone familiar with this problem? I've tried both OpenGL and directX with the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by tehamnes View Post
                  Hey!

I agree. Logmein is sweet!
                  However 3dsmax2008 won't work with it. Viewports are not working at all. And if i try to open a file max crashes. Anyone familiar with this problem? I've tried both OpenGL and directX with the same result.
                  Software driver should work.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Working...
                  X