Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The program has stopped responding" - Autostarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The program has stopped responding" - Autostarter?

Friends,
    We have some new render machines running windows vista, I have disabled error reporting and checking on these machines, however we are having a problem.

If 3dsmax closes during a render unexpectedly Vista pops up the message "The program has stopped responding" and before Backburner will restart the job or go to another one you HAVE to click "Close" on this dialog box. After 40minutes the slave stopped registering with the Manager and goes "Absent". Has anyone else solved the problem of having to click "Close"?

Many thanks,
    Colin
    Colin Senner

I don't have a Vista computer around right now but does this work?

to disable error reporting in Windows Vista:

Open the Control Panel
    Open the Problem Reports & Solutions applet
    Under the Advanced option you can disable problem reporting
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Error reporting has been turned off previously and is currently off with the same problem persistent.
      Colin Senner

Comment

Any ideas?
        Colin Senner

Comment

Since I didn't read you post well the first time I felt guilty and did some more googling..

It's seems to be pretty obscure but I did find one short post that simply said
          To disable also the popup open regedit and search for DontShowUI. Set all keys found to 1.
          Bye
          http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/06/15/...ror-reporting/

Which led to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-bd57e829200d/
          Last edited by RErender; 12-01-2009, 11:29 PM.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

oh my, you are amazing. I googled for quite a while and could only find other people with the problem, with no answers to the solution! Thanks a ton RErender.
            Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
            X