Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max license frustration

Just need to vent for a bit...
    I had to reinstall Vista again (because it sucks and refuses to work) and exported the max license before formating. Then when I had reinstalled I imported it again and big surprise, the license is corrupt. So now I have to call Autodesk and beg on my knees to be allowed to reactivate the software again. GAH!!!
    I miss dongles

Yeah I know what you mean. :P For a while I was getting license errors with Max on xp64 left, right and center. Turns out it was a SATA drive issue so every time I plugged in my external drive my max license would crap out and I would have to call Autodesk and re-auth it again. Happened about 10 times before we figured out what the issue was.

I SO wish they would go back to dongles, like they had way back on version 3.1. I just love being able to carry my Vray license around with me whenever I work onsite somewhere; it just makes life so much easier.

Comment

In a way I agree. Dongles was so much better. But from another side if your dongle is buggered or stolen it is much easier to beg for a re-auth than for a new dongle...
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Working...
      X