Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, since you guys are better than autodesk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, since you guys are better than autodesk...

...I have another question.

If you use the Symmetry modifier, you can have the mesh and the symmetric mesh merge automatically at the seam.

If you move the symmetry plane (gizmo) you can see the meshes dinamically merge, which is really cool.

I was wondering, is there any way to have the same effect using any two meshes?
    That is, when you move a mesh near another the two merge/weld dynamically?

Could not find it...

thank you
    regards

gio

kind of. You can attach two meshes. then animate the elements (or attach them to a dummy via Linked XForm or whatever) and add a VertexWeld modifier on top that takes care of the autowelding.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

and a couple slice mods in there too. but you'll be lucky if you get what you want... especially if the objects are very different from each other.

what kind of objects are you thinking of?

Comment

won't the welding really pop the triangles all around? I would think they would quite a bit unless it's a really dense mesh. Which brings me to another suggestion if that happens. Tessellate the hell out of that thing to avoid some of that. You might just need to make the geometry much more uniform. That way you only get "triangle flipping/hopping" right at the seem where they would connect for the most part.

Comment

Working...
        X