Realtime FG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtime FG

This is pretty neat. You have to install the Unity web player but it's TOTALLY worth it.

http://grayboxgames.com//michaeljohn...gathering.html

Why does one need to install some suspicious "web player" to see this?
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
      Why does one need to install some suspicious "web player" to see this?
      I guess because most browser do not have 3D and Ray tracing built in?
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Ah....thought it was just a demo video. I get a nasty tingly feeling if presented with an exe file on a web page, just to see a clip
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

Well,having tried it, It is a nice 3d engine, but it does not do any noteworthy raytracing as far as i can tell. The cornell demo seems to be some sort of spherical harmonics mapping for the fake gi, or something similar to the cryengine. Also note the strange shadows that all seem to be transparant.
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
            Well,having tried it, It is a nice 3d engine, but it does not do any noteworthy raytracing as far as i can tell. The cornell demo seems to be some sort of spherical harmonics mapping for the fake gi, or something similar to the cryengine. Also note the strange shadows that all seem to be transparant.
            agreed. Its neat I guess, but i definitely looks like there's some serious cheating going on.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
            X