I wonder why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why...

...Autodesk thinks its a very good idea to make Max select all object except for the object you are actually clicking on. In fact, deselecting the objects you just selected seems to be better than selecting the next objects you try to select!
    Autodesk most have some special workflow knowledge that no other company knows about

Ya, it's very annoying. Hard to believe that such a basic feature has been bogus for so much time...
    Apparently the selection has been fixed in the upcoming Max 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Codi View Post
      Apparently the selection has been fixed in the upcoming Max 2010.
      Yes the "selection" code has been rewritten from scratch apparently to fix this
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Oh, sweet manna from heaven! Can it be true?! After all these years of Max. Not. Selecting. The . F*cking. Thing. I'm. Pointing. At. DAMNYOU! it's been resolved? Surely worth the upgrade price on its own?

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
          Yes the "selection" code has been rewritten from scratch apparently to fix this
          Great! On problem solved then. LayerManager and MaterialEditor next...

Chris

Comment

What's the material editor? Oh that's that confounding thing I used to get lost in before I started using Node Joe. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfabeta View Post
              Great! On problem solved then. LayerManager and MaterialEditor next...

Chris
              Never had problems with layer manager.. works quite fine, could be better, but does the job.....
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
                What's the material editor? Oh that's that confounding thing I used to get lost in before I started using Node Joe. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

I love NodeJoe if it was only for the possibility to load all my material libraries ordered in groups and have it docked in a viewport...

Comment

You can load NJ in the viewport. Views > Extended > NodeJoe.

You can also load all your matlibs and add to them. Or... you already know that? I can't tell from your statement now that I read it again...
                  Last edited by jonahhawk; 14-03-2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Is it just me or is Layermanager very buggy in Max 2009? When I freeze layers they are hidden instead of "frozen". This morning when I opened and closed the Layermanager all the objects disappeared :/
                    Also, anybody experienced the "max-do-not-close-after-working-with-large-files" bug?

Chris

Comment

hopefully they'll give back the ability to shift-click clone objects without moving them as well!
                      when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Originally posted by s0real View Post
                        hopefully they'll give back the ability to shift-click clone objects without moving them as well!
                        yes I agree. but I remember one thread in autodesk area and they were telling that this change was necessary as the newbies accidentally shift+click and this causes problems etc...
                        I dont think it is a good idea to change some basic features according to mistakes of newbies.
                        it just makes longer the workflow of the experts.

Comment

Working...
                        X