Motor Rigging Turorial??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Rigging Turorial??

Does anyone know of a tutorial that goes over the rigging of a motor; basically the crank, rod, and piston? I know there are ways to rig this thing so that all you need to do is spin the crank to get all of the pistons to fire.

I have checked out Elf's rigging/wire parameter tutorials and a few others but just can't get it all rigged up to work correctly

http://www.elfpro3d.com/indexviz.html

If anyone is up to the challenge (probably something simple to most rigging folks out there) and/or would like to help out let me know and I will send you a link to the motor.

Thanx in advance,

Brian

Originally posted by KVMaster View Post
    Does anyone know of a tutorial that goes over the rigging of a motor; basically the crank, rod, and piston? I know there are ways to rig this thing so that all you need to do is spin the crank to get all of the pistons to fire.

I have checked out Elf's rigging/wire parameter tutorials and a few others but just can't get it all rigged up to work correctly

http://www.elfpro3d.com/indexviz.html

If anyone is up to the challenge (probably something simple to most rigging folks out there) and/or would like to help out let me know and I will send you a link to the motor.

Thanx in advance,

Brian

ill give it a go. shouldnt be too hard

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

wasnt tooooo hard i guess
      here is my best guess

http://www.elfpro3d.com/pistons.avi
      http://www.elfpro3d.com/pistons.max

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

i could probably even get the valves and cams working all off of the 1 dummy

Comment

Elf is the BOMB!!

Elf - You're the BOMB!!! I don't know what the hell my problem is, guess just inexperience at rigging Everything you have here is PERFECT, but I can't seem to figure out how you have it all wired/rigged up. I can see how you have it all linked, but what is the correct way to see the wire parameters? It doesn't look like any Animation Constraints are used in this, correct?

Thanks again!!!

Comment

no real wiring, just linking really. and a look at controler

Comment

would you need a video tutorial to go along with this?

Comment

A video tutorial would be SUPER HELPFUL!!!!

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

i dont know why but when i put on cam studio it screws up alot of stuff on my computer which doesnt end even with an uninstall and usually leads to a reformat.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
                    i dont know why but when i put on cam studio it screws up alot of stuff on my computer which doesnt end even with an uninstall and usually leads to a reformat.
                    Are you using the old 2.0 version or the newer 2.01 version? The newer 2.01 version has less features and is crappy apparently. Stick to the 2.0 version.
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

camtasia studio 6

Comment

Camtasia 6 is messing up your computer? Would have figured it was CamStudio, freebie and open source...

Always the simple things that turn into a complicated mess

Comment

i dont know if its camtasia or not but twice now on installing it my computer went wonky

Comment

No good Would say give CamStudio a try but seems like you're playing with fire on that PC.

How about a simple text tutorial? Think I have it almost figured out but parts keep going wacky when I put on Look At controllers.

Comment

Working...
                            X