Autodesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodesk

Odd. I've just had one of the guys from Autodesk UK head office on the phone asking/checking why we haven't renewed our licenses of Max/ADT. I gave my reasons (compatability, past issues, cost, not really using many of the new features etc) but I am suprised: normally this is the job of the Autodesk reseller - not a guy from head office.

I suspect panic in the air for Autodesk.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Interesting. I too couldn't be bothered with the upgrade this time and canceled my subscription. No telephone call yet though.
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Haven't renewed since max 9 - only annoyance is that cebas never recompiled thinking particles for it since v8 but the improvements in max along the way haven't affected me in day to day life. It's all plugins, basics and vray for me.

Comment

You guys are nuts...i couldn't live without my View Cube and Steering Wheels!
        -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Originally posted by dellis View Post
          You guys are nuts...i couldn't live without my View Cube and Steering Wheels!
          Haha. Yes, one of those fab new features I turned off straight away! Same with the object selection box! Awful.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket

Comment

Well...from 9 to 2k8 there were also some nice additions plus another good performance boost... And as everyone is always complaining about the bad Autodesk support i wonder why it's also bad if they call :P

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

We've also cancelled subscription, 2009 is the latest version we'll have. Interestingly once you go off subscription you have to use the latest version. We have 2009 but never installed, still on 2008, so as soon as subscription is done, we have to remove all old versions of max and install the new one! That's what CABS told me anyway. I thought that was ridiculous.

I suspect in these times autodesk will be getting many more cancellations of subscription than they did in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                Well...from 9 to 2k8 there were also some nice additions plus another good performance boost... And as everyone is always complaining about the bad Autodesk support i wonder why it's also bad if they call :P

Regards,
                Thorsten
                But you must agree its a little bit odd? It would be like your BMW service being arranged by Mr BMW in BMW HQ, BMWLand, Germany rather than Mr Bodgit from BodgitRus down the street from where you live.
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket

Comment

I too didn't bother renewing my subscription back in October after Autodesk increaed the cost by 25%. I've only recently installed 2009, and purely because the studio I was freelancing for insisted I use it. Of course the first thing I did was turn off viewcube, steering wheel and all that crap. Maybe I'm a luddite, but as an architectural visualiser, max9 with the old "select by name" has everything I need. Funnily enough, I got an email from my reseller this morning informing that max 2010 is released and Autodesk are increasing the price again! Seems crazy in these times, but when you've got a monolopy, I guess you can do what you want. They won't be getting any more of my cash for a while, that's for sure.
                  -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

Working...
                  X