Movie Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Lines

I just recently exported a movie to DVD and played it back on a plasma tv, the problem is that when there is motion in the movie there appears to be horizontal lines cutting through the picture causing a jaggy picture instead of a smooth one.

Am I missing something here either with creating the movie, exporting it from Premiere or is the tv crap ?

Thanks

N

Do you mean the vsync thing you get when you're trying to display something and the display cant quite keep up with it, meaning it jumps slightly at those lines, or do you just mean as any and all sharp lines move they look a bit stuttery?

If it's the latter, all filmed footage tends to have a tiny bit of motion blur or at least be slightly blurry - if you have very sharp lines that jump from frame to frame at 25fps it will look quite jaggy.
    We render everything with motion blur, if not vray's then a velocity channel one.

If your problem is the sync one i'm not sure, sorry. I only see it in games and playing uncompressed avi's...

Comment

It might be the fields...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Definately sounds like fields to me. Im pretty sure plasma tv's display progressive images. Meaning that you will need to de-interlace any interlaced footage prior to burning it to dvd. There is an option for de-interlacing footage within aftereffects or any other type of comp package.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think I now what you mean about the vsync thing but its not that.

I will look into fields and de interlacing it.

Comment

even watching interlaced stuff on a plasma the tv will do the conversion itself. it sounds more like for some reason the fields are inversed. this can happen where if you move a video frame with interlacing an odd number of pixels in distance it will inverse. or you can get problems scaleing interlaced footage without deinterlacing it

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
            X