• Show
Clear All

• 15inch macbook pro

Whos got one of the new unibody ones?
    Any good?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Yeah I am curious about these as well. I was looking at getting the 17inch model and heard some nasty occurrences with the body heating up and frying the video cards. I did a few searches on Google and found it to be a common issue I guess. I really want to get one but will have to wait until they have solved this issue.

Comment

I've had the 15.4" MacBook Pro for about a month and have used it mostly for marketing presentations, GoToMyPc remote accessing my workstation and excessive amounts of Hulu. I'll be getting Winders Vista pretty soon to run Max in a pinch. I don't plan on using it as a hardcore workstation. So far I'm extremely happy with the hardware. Excellent build quality. I've used a variety of Dell, Toshiba, HP and Compaq laptops in the past. This is the first one I feel will not implode in some spastic conniption every time I turn it on. It does get warm but not excessively so. I've experienced much worse. If I had one complaint it's that the battery life is mediocre. Seems to be begging for a charge after an hour and a half. I think the specs say 3 hours. I couldn't justify the price for the new 17" model with an eight hour battery. I generally have my laptop on all day next to my workstation. Wish I could give a more Max oriented review. Maybe soon.

Comment

Working...
      X