viewport problem - see nothing in top view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewport problem - see nothing in top view

hi there, i face a strange problem. i work on an interior scene. for hours everything works fine, suddenly i see nothing more in the top and the bottom view. zoom extends, scolling and zooming in and out brings no solution. i even see no grid(also when i uncheck it and check it again). also tried to model a box in the top view, i only see the lettes of the axes of coordinates of the new object - and nothing else. when i change to any other view (than top or bottom)in the viewport everything is ok.

I've had this a few times. Select any object then zoom extends to selected object. twice. then deselect all and zoom extents. This works about 90% of the time. Other 8% I restart max and that works. Remaining 2% some good swearing sometimes helps
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

check the scene extents of your objects if the above fails, saw this when and imported ACAD spline had a bounding box that was too large for Max to cope with....
      Two heads are better than one ...
      ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

I had the same problem in the past for these reasons:
        1. I had some garbage 389km away from 0,0 and was working in mm. I deleted garbage and all was fine.
        2. I had some null objects in the scene (objects with "0" vertecs so you can't select them. Deleted them and all was fine. There is a script to search for null objects floating around)
        3. Vieport config got screwed. Select any other viewport config (like, if you are in 4-viewport than select 3-viewport) and that should fix it.
        4. I had a gremlin im my video-card. I removed it and all was fine...

hope this might help

zoran

Comment

thanks for your replies. i tried all of them - out of that one with the "0" vertecs" - which would have been my next step, and had no success.
          to find out if a "0" vertecs object could cause the viewport problem i deleted all objects in the scene, and the grid in the top viewport returned. then i made one "undo" and all objects are seen in the top view again.
          next i will try to find out what caused the problem - "0" vertecs or issues with my graphic card. as i face the problem in different scenes i think it is the gc.

Comment

Sometimes we get display problems if some of the VRayProxies from the scene point to a vrmesh file that is no longer there.
            For your description it doesn't seem the same display problem, but it's worth a try to hide all your proxies to see if the problem persists.

Comment

thanks for the hint codi, i have no proxys in my scene.
              @zoranm: do you have a link fot the desriped script?

Comment

Don't have a link but script is called Object Inspector by Piranha-Bytes. You'll probably find it at ScriptSpot or google it. I was using it for Max9, but you can do inspection yourself through summary info. Just look for geometry with 0 verteces, select it by name and delete it.
                I mentioned script only because I sometimes have thousands of objects and script does it faster than me looking through primitive summary info.

hope this helps

zoran

Comment

Working...
                X