• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Column Leaves

Hi

I am trying to model the leaves on a roman column similar to this;

http://www.polyclassiccolumns.com/im...e_capitals.jpg

How would I go about this ?

I have tried many different techniques but nothing works.

thanks

N

Little bit of patience with polymodeling, in a few different pieces, and lots of lathe, would be my guess

or a little foolin around with Zbrush

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/

Look for architectural techniques with projection master..

Depending what you are more comfortable with
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

i remember there being a model pack somewhere that had columns like that in it.
      Might be cheaper to buy premade models and tweak to your needs
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I've seen some at least very similar on turbosquid...individuals and sets.
        There were some cool looking elements when I searched for "corbel" once...

Comment

dont know if anyone remembers the old days of 3dcafe. i remember getting some that i used in my infamous "tower" scene. want me to post an image??? hehehehe

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
            dont know if anyone remembers the old days of 3dcafe. i remember getting some that i used in my infamous "tower" scene. want me to post an image??? hehehehe
            Why do you hate me? Funny I was going through some old archived folders and came across your tower scene, you must have sent to me for some reason, waaay back in the day. Needless to say, I killed it with fire. Lots of fire...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

you must have got it because at one point during alpha and early beta testing vlado was using the tower as a benchmark since it has been rendered in MR, Brazil, Raymax, Final Render

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
              X