Has anyone tested Google Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tested Google Chrome?

Well, as title says. I saw last year some impressive announcements and they started advertising it.
    Anyone?

zoran

I haven't tested it extensively, but it seems quite useable. It was also the only browser left standing in this year's Pwn2Own competition.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 05-05-2009, 12:00 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

it´s the only one I use. so much faster..
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

it's very good. no memory leaks, as with firefox.

but i'm still using firefox, just because of addons.
        especially adblock (no, privoxy isn't the same), and some other stuff...
        scrolling is smoother in firefox too...
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

it's my browser of choice also. I love it - the best functionality i've seen in a browser, but it's google so you would expect it
          The only thing is that there are a couple of missing plugins/sites that don't work well with it, but it is still a beta I understand... such as the only thing I can't use is logmein - we stick to firefox to use that service, they don't tend to play nicely.

Love that you can just drag new tabs out of the browser into make new windows!

Comment

been using it for a few months now as my browser of choice.
            front page with most visited sites is really useful.
            when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

fast light and seems less buggy in win xp64 than firefox
              Sean MacNintch

Comment

I've been using it for a couple of months, It's faster and crashes less than IE on XP64 and XP32. The only thing that bugs me is that it won't remember UNs and passwords for sites like this forum. Has anyone got automatic login working or is it just me?

Dan
                Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
                  I've been using it for a couple of months, It's faster and crashes less than IE on XP64 and XP32. The only thing that bugs me is that it won't remember UNs and passwords for sites like this forum. Has anyone got automatic login working or is it just me?

Dan
                  it remembers all mine I've got to say... haven't had to do anything special - it just dislays a message at the top asking if you want it to remember passwords.

Comment

I like the way it looks and have had no problems with it, but I still use Firefox for everything. Mostly because of all the cool add-ons it has. I'd use it if I didn't use any add-ons. Although Firefox is great and has everything I need; can't wait for the next 3.5 update.

Comment

I use and like Chrome, best feature IMO is that each window runs in it's own thread so if one freezes or crashes you don't loose all the other pages.
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post
                        I use and like Chrome, best feature IMO is that each window runs in it's own thread so if one freezes or crashes you don't loose all the other pages.
                        Really? I will have to give Chrome another go. That has been killing me lately in Firefox. I normally have upwards of 10-15 tabs running, and rarely do I bookmark everything so it takes me forever to remember where I was.
                        Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                        Midwest Studios

Comment

I've been using it pretty much as my sole browser at home. No complaints. Only once or twice have I had to switch back to FF because a site wouldn't load properly. I use FF at work, and honestly I really don't notice any difference between the two. Other folks have more demands from their browsers though than I do.... so.

Give it another shot!
                          John Pruden
                          Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
                          3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Originally posted by RErender View Post
                            That's actually THE selling point for me. We use IE in office and I have dual quad core machine and still when browsing IE freezes the entire system for couple of seconds while loading the page. I hate it. The IT guys claim it's normal behaveour.

Ther should be an option in the OS when one can reserve process time as required (sort of affinity feature on steroids on the thread level). Like: I want max to have 90% (and I don't want it even to think about going into remaning 10%), next 5% I'll alocate to IE etc..

Zoran

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              I It was also the only browser left standing in this year's Pwn2Own competition.Vlado
                              It's, probably, more to do with being a new technology and people not having enough time to play with it, he he

regards

Zoran

Comment

Working...
                              X