Office seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office seating

I just received my Gaiam BalanceBall Chair and it is fantastic!
    I ruptured 3 lumbar discs 10 years ago, and sitting for long periods has always really sucked. If anyone out there has lower back issues, this chair is great. I was using an Aeron chair, but this is seriously better, and is 80-100 USD...also is great even if you have a good back (says my wife.)

I should get that for my wife. She is 27 and sometimes her back is so bad she can barely walk. She's got lower back/hip problems. Sitting in her office chair usually makes it worse.

Is it comfortable enough to sit in all day?
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Comment

I hope they're paying you well to say nice things because there's a special place in hell for how incredibly ugly of a design that thing is.

And it looks uncomfortable - like a big ball sitting under your ass and feeling up the crack.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Here's my work chair btw. Highly recommended:

http://www.ambersgardens.com/images/1451-7.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
          Here's my work chair btw. Highly recommended:

http://www.ambersgardens.com/images/1451-7.jpg
          Good grief........!

Are you a politition?

Comment

lol sorry guys. I was just joking but, I still find that chair unattractive.

I think it's all psychological. The chair looks like the ball belongs at a gym. So if you sit on it, you think you are at the gym getting exercise and it makes you think you are feeling better.

Comment

Sooo... why do you need the "base" part of the chair?? Why not just sit on the ball?? I guess it'd be easier to scoot around.

Those balls are great for your posture though.

For those of you with backpain, check out http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-P...2407683&sr=1-1

A friend of mine recommended this book to me. I've not had a chance to check it out. I just started seeing a chiropractor so I figured I'd give that a chance before I read this book. My buddy had gone to doctors and chiropractors, had xrays and MRIs done, and still had back pain. Ever since reading this book, he's been cured. Sounds a little far fetched in a way... but there are several hundred reviews of the book with similar stories, so...... might be worth a try.
              John Pruden
              Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
              3D Model Marketplace

Comment

looks more like a chair for a nasty ass dose of piles - Me thinks
                Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Hehehe, interesting comments!

It's been good sitting in it all day, but I never stay seated all day long anyway, screw that! I'm up at least every 10 minutes.

It's actually quite tiny, and very light, even more than I would have expected.

Yeah, it's an exercise ball, literally, and is not sold as a back pain cure, but it's great for my back issue. it even came with a little booklet showing you some quick exercises to do with it while you're at the desk.

It's not psychological for me, but I see your point could be true for some folk. It's not really an issue for me how it looks, since no one else really sees it but the wife.

It's got no armrests, which is supposedly better for your posture because with arm rests, you subconsciously tend to lean a lot on your elbows...which is sort of like the beginning of a chain reaction of bad posture. A friend of mine used to draft at an A&E firm and now there's a big patch of scar tissue on his right elbow! (extreme example, I know.)

I tried using one alone (just the ball) but it was distracting in 3 ways.
                  Also, my floor is crappy old HDWD flooring, so the base keeps the ball off of the rough floor.

1. It was too fun to try to balance on it without letting my feet touch the ground. I would have started to break objects around me, lol.

2. It would definitely lend to bad posture in the long run.

3. It was just too distracting to maneuver around the desk area, while still working.

What are piles? I'll have to let you know if I see/feel any

I am interested in that book, thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
                    I hope they're paying you well to say nice things because there's a special place in hell for how incredibly ugly of a design that thing is.

And it looks uncomfortable - like a big ball sitting under your ass and feeling up the crack.
                    Teeheeehee, I get it, but it really does not go into those regions at all. I hope you're joking, 'cause you'd have to have a really loose and/or big ass crack for that to occur, lol. You can adjust it's firmness a lot. No money made from them, i just saw it and wanted to try one, and it's been great. I really don't care if anyone else likes 'em, I never knew they existed and wish I had. So, don't buy one, or buy one, or just make fun of it , I mean, it is a little funny looking.

Comment

erm... it looks a bit... er... how to put this politely... wacky?!

think i'll stick to my aeron for now!
                      when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Working...
                      X