Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdf to max

hello

does anybody knows why max cannot open pdf files?
    this would be a great feature, especially in archviz. I often get only pdf files from my customers. then I have to go over illustrator to open the pdf.

the guy who writes a plugin for this will become rich.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Last edited by themaxxer; 15-05-2009, 07:05 AM.
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Rhino will open them, then save out an iges file (that's if you have a copy of rhino).
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Pdf

AutoCAD Architecture 2010 opens PDF's now as well.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I must be missing something here. Why would you need anything besides the free acrobat reader to open pdfs? Are you talking about importing vs opening? If i need to import a pdf image into something, i just open it in photoshop and convert it to tif, jpg, or whatever.
        mh

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
          I must be missing something here. Why would you need anything besides the free acrobat reader to open pdfs? Are you talking about importing vs opening? If i need to import a pdf image into something, i just open it in photoshop and convert it to tif, jpg, or whatever.
          mh
          yes I mean importing in max.
          it would be great if max could import the pdf file like an *.ai file for example.

best regards
          themaxxer
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
            If i need to import a pdf image into something, i just open it in photoshop and convert it to tif, jpg, or whatever.
            mh
            He's not talking about images. if you export a pdf from autocad and it's not a raster image, it keeps all the linework as CAD style linework, and some software can get it back out of it - illustrator and rhino to name 2.

Comment

Agreed. It'd be a nice feature.

I'm not sure how many people exporting out to PDF know that's the case. I've had a few consultants and staff wondering how I got my hands on original linework.

Comment

Working...
              X