3ds max angles and snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max angles and snaps

Just wondering if there is a way to make snaps work with intersections of lines? Seems like all snaps are there except intersection...
    (really annoying when working on pitched roofs, etc.)

Thanks

pic

This is what I'm getting at...

I want to make the brown and purple lines (in green ring) to "clean-up" while maintaining the brown line's 35 degree angle. I found a close workaround, but having an intersect snap would be waaaay better....just like good old 2d AutoCAD...

Comment

I use the spline extend button to achieve that, an intersection snap would be useful though.

Comment

Been longing for an intersection snap!

Comment

Ditto.
          A set of tools similar to the polar button in autocad would be awesome too.

Comment

Have you tried using the "trim/extend" modifier? It does the clean up you are looking for.

Tim J
            www.seraph3d.com
            Senior Generalist
            Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
            Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

hey tim how's digital domain? must be a good gig for you to leave blur.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hey Percy! I am really enjoying work at DD. I've been here about 8 months now. Blur was a great place to work though. I miss the people and some of the tools there, but since they are only a couple blocks down the road I still see everyone fairly often. Coming to DD was a great opportunity for me to get to work on the types of projects that Blur rarely does, and I am working with Vray all the time now which is great.

Tim J
                www.seraph3d.com
                Senior Generalist
                Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
                Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

thats fantastic. I forgot DD used vray.
                  Last edited by percydaman; 21-05-2009, 06:34 PM.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph135 View Post
                    Have you tried using the "trim/extend" modifier? It does the clean up you are looking for.

Tim J

Thanks Tim! I can't believe I never even tried those out, doh. That works great, thank you for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                    X