Terminator 4 - your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator 4 - your thoughts?

I havent seen the movie my self, but hear some pretty bad feedback about it, so I thought I'd post it on the forum to see what people say?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Also not heard great things. Too bad. Might have to be a rental.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I've gotten the impression from others that the movie would've been better if they focused more on Marcus, the Sam Worthington character. Meh. I'll either go see Star Trek or Up/The Hangover when they come out.

Comment

I saw two movies on television recently that I always wanted to see but never made it to the movie theaters or rental:

1. Terminator 3
        2. Star Trek Nemesis

Both were disappointing. It seemed that with T3, the effects were recycled from T2 and they really didn't add anything new from Hollywood at the time. The characters were pretty cold and 'dumbed down.'

I still don't know what the 'big deal' was about T3. After seeing it, I have very low expectations for T4.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

well its all about who is directing. Star trek (new one) is getting a lot of hype and i heard good things about it, it has a decent director. They had modernized a lot of it.
          T3...it was a joke, and T4 they have a guy who directed charlies angles doing it. What good can come of it?
          My friend saw the movie and he said: i think how christian bale yells in the movie (we are all dead) he was yelling like that at the director...thats why the movie ended up the way it did.
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I want to see it, but don't have great expectations. It was disappointing to see the movies get softer and softer each installment. R, R, R, PG13, what's next a PG rated T5?
            Last edited by voltron7; 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Sadly they do this to widen the target audience. Instead of making a great R rated movie they make a crap PG rated movie and get more kids to see it.
              -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

The Terminator franchise was screwed the moment Cameron and Hamilton signed the divorce papers.

Meh. After watching a "making-of" special on T4 my expectations really dropped. The director, McG, didn't help. Add to that his talk about the material not needing an R rating and all of his major emphasis on the merchandising and video game.

T5 will be direct to video or come with a happy meal.

Comment

I thought it was alright, not incredible though. I saw it at the drive-in in Langley, BC. Part of a triple-header until 3am. It was followed by Observe and Report, which was crap; and Friday the 13th, which we didn't bother staying for.

I do love those drive-ins though.

Comment

Directors are odd. I really do think you have to be starving to generally put out quality movies - being hungry makes you work for things. None of those guys are hungry anymore. There's something positive to say about trying to prove oneself.

Peter Jackson did an awesome job on the LOTR series, then dropped the ball on King Kong.

Del Toro did a great job on Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth. Hellboy II was disappointing. Hopefully he makes something out of The Hobbit.

Spielberg and Lucas - enough said...

Comment

It was between Terminator and Wolverine last night. After seeing this post I am glad I went to see Wolverine.
                      Ben Steinert
                      pb2ae.com

Comment

T3 actually had quite a good story line, and I didn't think it was half as bad as many people make out. Yes, there were some truly awful bits, but on the whole, it was very entertaining. I am bound to go and see T4 as its been such an important set of films from throughout my youth. I can't imagine NOT seeing it.

With me, the more negative reviews a film gets, the less my expectations and conversly the more I often enjoy it as its a 'suprise'. We'll see.

Out of interest, have any of you seen the LOTR trilogy recently? I almost know the films backwards as I watched them over and over again when they were released. Looking back though, I find some of the colour corrections and 'pushing' of the levels/satuaration absolutly awful. Its amazing some of it slipped through. Has anyone else picked up on this?
                        Kind Regards,
                        Richard Birket
                        ----------------------------------->
                        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

There were definitely areas where it was rushed. Some of the costumes look just like that - costumes especially when it is light outside. The dark/night masks a lot. But overall, it was an epic CGI effort and very few films have come close to matching it.

Comment

Working...
                          X