Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX Pivot

Hi guys...

I have an issue with a Revit to Max building. When I select the building and move it things go in all different directions. When I rotate the building everything rotates around its own pivot. Any clues?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

the button next to the axis selector (view, world, local etc) controls if your going to rotate everything selected as a group or individually

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

CAD Problems

Hi,

There always seems to be soo many issues with importing CAD into max!! [You think after so long they would work their stuff out]

Recently I had a similar thing on imported geom Even though I was selecting it properly [see glorybound's post]

Sometimes CAD files have linkages, Xrefs, blocks and all sorts of stuff we are simply not interested in [JUST GIVE ME A SIMPLE MESH PLEASE MR ARCHITECT And preferably one where the triangles don't look like a Picaso!]

Here's my tips

Try getting the architect to send it in a few different formats and options to see which one works best. Also try the different import options when importing it into max

After first importing

Always un-group everything

Always try converting to a mesh object [Reset X-forms first often helps]

I know there is script around for getting rid of block layers [sorry I don't have a copy of it or I would send it.....Try Scriptsopt.com
      I beat my architects with a stick so I don't have to deal with these issues]

All the best

Comment

oh. i think i know what your talking about now. usually i group the objects together to move and rotate them to how i need it to be

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

dwg

grouping helps sometimes, but not in this case. Usually I import the geometry into max, covert to poly, and then export out as a dwg. When I import back in everything is fine. This time I forgot and did to much mapping to start that process.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

maybe reset Xform could help?

Comment

When you import the dwg make sure not to choose any options that have "hierarchy" in the name just use the plain Entity, color, layer
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

An AutoDesk rep recently suggested having the Revit model exported as FBX to import into Max. I can't confirm how well it works (no need yet), but thought it was an interesting tip...

Comment

I have had no problems so far with exporting from revit to max in 2010 format. The only thing I don't like about the FBX is that the file size is huge compared to dwg.

Comment

Check the origin...try to group everything right after import, then move it to [0,0].
                    then ungroup it. this should fix jumping movement and other issues.

CAD files often have their XY coordinates very far away from the origin, instead of the center...which messes up precision.

<------------------------------------- floating point precision range ---------------------------------------->

[...CAD Import............................................ ......... Origin [0,0].................................................. ...........]

Marc Lorenz
                    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                    www.marclorenz.com
                    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
                    X