Interface Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface Devices

What is everyone using to interface with their machines?

Keyboards, Mice, Tablets, Motion Controllers, Monitors, Speakers etc.

What I am using:

KB: Filco 87-Key Tactile with seperate 10-Key

Mouse: Logitech G9

Tablet: Genius 9x12

Monitors: 2 x DVI Viewsonic 17" VP720b

Speakers: Logitech X-120 2 speaker set.

What I want to use for interface: Microsoft's "Project Natal"
    Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

I prefer to use incredibly vanilla standard hardware. That way i dont feel out of sorts if Im forced to move to another workstation etc etc. I have a wacom intus 2.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

As long as my LCD's are up to standard, I prefer the OEM Microsoft mouse/kb. The mouse is small and light, and has 3 buttons not 86.

Comment

KB: CHERRY G-224
        Mouse: MS Laser6000
        Tablet: Intuos 2
        monitor: DELL 2407WFPb
        speakers: creative 5.1 Inspire T6060
        Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
        I need a new signature
        --
        Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
        ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

For me, it's pretty standard gear, all except for the 3DConnexion Space Navigator http://www.3dconnexion.com/3dmouse/spacenavigator.php

This little sucker has completely changed how I work, and I love it. It's so quick to change camera angles, orbit the model while I'm working, scrub the timeline, zoom extents - I keep one hand on my mouse and one hand on it for most of my work. And Cheap! oh my god, for the quality of this thing, $99 commercial and $59 personal, it's a real bargain. I don't see any point really in their larger offerings - but this little thing does everything I need, makes me faster and it even looks pretty damn good on my desk at the same time.

And it makes google earth about 500x times more fun too.

/sales_pitch

Comment

keyboard: logitech ultrax premium, nothing fancy
            mouse: ms intellimouse explorer 3.0, been using them for quite some time, this one is my third
            monitor: 2x eizo flexscan s2242 (these are great. quite expensive, but well worth it)
            speakers: logitech z-something, basically a 2.1 set, again nothing fancy.
            tablet: no tablet (yet)
            the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.
            the purpose of an architect is to flip out and design for people.

Comment

KB: apple MB110

Mouse: Logitech G9 (for gaming, web browsing)

Tablet: Intuos4 for 3d and 2d work. cured my RSI and makes me work faster.

Monitors: Acer AL2723W 28" + Older Dell 22" cathode ray for shutter glasses

Speakers: Old Stereo set with amplifier. i donĀ“t listen to music while working.
              Reflect, repent and reboot.
              Order shall return.

Comment

im thinking of getting an intuos. is it a good price vs product?

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
                  im thinking of getting an intuos. is it a good price vs product?
                  Intuos is great, especially Intuos4. One of the best pieces of hardware I own.
                  But you have to ask yourself if you really need it.
                  I'm only using it for photoshop/painter. I know people though who use it for everything, as a replacement for the mouse.
                  Marc Lorenz
                  ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                  www.marclorenz.com
                  www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Dell 2408WFP, standard dell keyboard, standard dell mouse and intuos 2 A5. The best thing by far is the Intuos. The only thing I don't use it for is autocad, because there's no scroll wheel on the pen. Modelling in max, navigating in max - so much easier and faster. Amazing for photoshop, and modelling in mudbox is fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                    X