Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam match/track animated car to moving backplate

Hi all

Do I need SynthEyes for this and do I need dimensions of the road? I mean if I have moving footage from an unknown source or even a DIY footage source of a road that curves and slopes etc and want to add my animated car onto it, do I need markers or do you get software/plugins that does all this for you?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

i used that free one many times. works nicely. icarus i think it is

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

do you always need dimensions on can the tracking sofware figure things out? I mean if I have a shot of Godzilla running around in town, do I need measurement for building etc? And the car example, do you need dimensions for such things?
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

it autotracked and gave tracking points. if i knew the distance between two points then in max i would make sure it was scaled correctly betwen the two points

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hmmmm yes that makes sense to know the distance betweeb at least two points to get scale. So in my example I caould geuss that width of the road and take it from there.

Thanks for the info Da_elf

I'll probably at some point get Syntheyes. Seems icarus doesn't have any more tech support and can't be getting from any "legal" sources anymore.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Syntheyes is a great program - having measurements is great but most of the time I don't use them - it'd be really useful if you were doing a match move of a locked off set for example but on a road there's no guarantees. As da elf mentioned you can put in rough coordinates for the distance between two points (make an educated guess) and it'll give you a fairly accurate scene scale. Most of the time I fudge these things - I get myself a good flat ground plane for the main surface and try and get flat surfaces for anything else that my 3d will interact with - a car on a road should be very easy to do though.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
              Syntheyes is a great program - having measurements is great but most of the time I don't use them - it'd be really useful if you were doing a match move of a locked off set for example but on a road there's no guarantees. As da elf mentioned you can put in rough coordinates for the distance between two points (make an educated guess) and it'll give you a fairly accurate scene scale. Most of the time I fudge these things - I get myself a good flat ground plane for the main surface and try and get flat surfaces for anything else that my 3d will interact with - a car on a road should be very easy to do though.
              I do exactly the same. Syntheyes is a v good program and priced well

Comment

Working...
              X