Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relink Bitmaps v2.0 is out!

Hello VRay-ers,
    I've found some time to completely re-write "Relink Bitmaps".

I'm also looking for full-time/part-time work in Game Development or ArchVis, please check out my portfolio at http://www.colinsenner.com and resume here (PDF).

Relink Bitmaps webpage:

http://www.colinsenner.com/scripts/relink-bitmaps

Tested thoroughly with (32-bit and 64-bit): Max 2010, Max 2009, Max 2008, Max 9 (service pack 1+)

Features:
    [*] All 3dsmax supported Bitmap Texture types
    [*] (new) Relinks Mental Ray Proxy files
    [*] (new) Relinks VRay Proxies (.vrmesh)
    [*] (new) Relinks VRayHDRI files
    [*] (new) Relinks IES files (including VRayIES files)
    [*] (new) Automatically checks for script updates and new versions
    [*]250% speed increase from previous versions
    [*]Command-line mode available for automating repetative tasks (see documentation on the website)
    [*]Configurable default user options saving button clicks and wasted time

Yes...it does relink VRayMesh, VRayHDRI, etc! (Finally...)

This tool is available to the community for free, but I kindly request if you see the value in time this tool saves you, that you donate whatever you can to help me pay off student loans. Every donation helps immensely. I do however understand that we’re all in this mess somehow and I understand if you aren’t able to donate immediately at this time. To donate simply click the “Donate!” button on the script. I am suggesting $4.99 for an individual, but whatever you can spare will insure the future development of this script and updates.

If you can't donate now, I hope it saves you time and headaches.

Be well everyone,
    - Colin
    Colin Senner

Thanks Colin, looks like a fantastic update. I use the current version all the time and will happily 'donate'.

b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Simms, you're the first person to donate, thank you very much, I'll contact you with your license file to take away that donate popup!

Thanks for funding future support for yourself and others who benefit as well.

If you have any problems, for the fastest reply send me an email and I'll fix it right away, but I'll also be checking in here plenty. Post Praises and Problems here, and I'll get back with you asap.

-Colin
      Colin Senner

Comment

Thats great Colin ....
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I haven't had a chance to actually check it out yet, but anything to help out a bud. Paypal is like my arch nemesis, so hopefully it went through.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

It did Shane, thanks a ton as always. I'll contact you when I get back from Chicago (saturday). and thanks to you too Natty for your kind words

-Colin
            Colin Senner

Comment

Colin,
              How does this script differ from the asset tracker already avalible in 3dsmax?
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Script

UI was so waiting for an update, but it crashes my MAX Design 2010 on startup so I had to remove it.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

@Jacksc - Hey Jacksc, watch the tutorial on my website and you'll see. It will automatically search the directory and all subdirectories, when you click on a missing map it will select the object in the scene which that map is attached to. It will ignore case if you like (if your maps get converted to lowercase). It will relink ies, vrmesh, mrproxies, vrayhdri, vrayies, bitmaps, etc. It's been a while since I've used asset tracker. I think most people will agree this tool is more powerful and much easier than asset tracker, at least that's what I think.

@ Bobby: having it installed crashes 2010 design? I'll take a look, I tested it thoroughly with 2010, but I don't have design. I'll let you know.

-Colin
                  Colin Senner

Comment

Thanks a million, Colin -- we're huge fans of the Relink Bitmaps script over here, the time savings have been just awesome! Keep up the great work.
                    ShaunDon

Comment

@ShaunDon - thank you as well. The new features like relink .vrmesh files and vrayhdris and ies files should prove to save even more time and headaches as well. I'll include more with each release.
                      Colin Senner

Comment

Hi Colin!

I am sure it´s just me but I can´t make it run under Max 2009, Vista 64. I get this error message when I run the script from the desktop:

>> MAXScript FileIn Exception: -- Compile error: Unable to create copy/move destination directory: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\scripts\Relink Bitmaps
                        -- In line: name "Relink Bitmaps Installer"
                        description "Installs Relink Bitmaps on your system"
                        version 2

copy "C_Lib.mse" to "$scripts\Re
                        -- In file: mzp.run in package C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Scripts\Relink-Bitmaps-v2.0.mzp <<

Preisler
                        Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk
                        www.linkedin.com/in/3dpixel

Comment

Hi Colin,

As this is one of our most favourate and handy scripts it was a pleasure to donate mate .....

Natty
                          Natty

Comment

@Preisler - That's the exact test system I did most of the testing with Max 2009, Vista 64, so no problem there. It sounds like the script doesn't have permission to create the directory (it should copy all the files in the .mzp to this directory)

Max2009_root\scripts\Relink Bitmaps

so you might need to run max as administrator and run the script, if this doesn't work as a last resort rename the "Relink Bitmaps v2.0.mzp" to "Relink Bitmaps v2.0.zip" and manually create the folder (above) yourself and copy all of the files except the bitmaps to the scripts/Relink Bitmaps directory, and copy the 2x .bmp files to the ui/icons directory. When done, run the .mcr file you copied to \scripts\Relink Bitmaps\ directory. Whew that was quite a mouthful, hopefully the above works. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. Let me know how it goes!

@Natty - Thank you so much natty, I'll get your license stuff done when I get back, till then enjoy and please don't hesitate to let me know any problems or requests.

Originally posted by Preisler View Post
                            Hi Colin!

I am sure it´s just me but I can´t make it run under Max 2009, Vista 64. I get this error message when I run the script from the desktop:

>> MAXScript FileIn Exception: -- Compile error: Unable to create copy/move destination directory: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\scripts\Relink Bitmaps
                            -- In line: name "Relink Bitmaps Installer"
                            description "Installs Relink Bitmaps on your system"
                            version 2

copy "C_Lib.mse" to "$scripts\Re
                            -- In file: mzp.run in package C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Scripts\Relink-Bitmaps-v2.0.mzp <<

Preisler
                            Colin Senner

Comment

Thanks Colin, much appriciated mate ..
                              Natty

Comment

Working...
                              X