Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play HD Quicktime file from CD/DVD or HDD or mem stick(flash drive)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play HD Quicktime file from CD/DVD or HDD or mem stick(flash drive)?

Hi all

I'm only now switching to HD and not sure what format to give the final product to my clients. Is it possible on most new(ish) laptops to play a HD quicktime file properly without jerkinesh or pauses straight from the dvd drive or memstick(flash drive)?

Full HD and half HD?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

anybody? anybody at all?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

1280 x 720 should be fine on most things - the data rate per second should be quite low with hd codecs like wmv or h264 - a lot of screens won't take full hd at 1920 x 1080 so you're right to supply two versions.

Comment

If you stick it on a memory stick, you're limited by USB speeds.

Your best bet is to have them copy it to their desktops and play it from there.

Comment

Most laptops can play it fine, but if its over a year old/some random crappy buisiness one that just does email it may be a little choppy.
          Last edited by Neilg; 06-08-2009, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
            Most laptops can play it fine, but if its over a year old/some random crappy buisiness one that just does email it may be a little choppy.
            Yes this is what I'm worried about. Most my clients have crappy "business" laptops for email and powerpoint and they are 2 years or older.
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Working...
            X