Max 2010 slowdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2010 slowdown

I'm experiencing some weird problems with Max 2010.
    After importing an autocad drawing the first core on my machine spikes and Max slows to a crawl when rotating the view. The framerate drops to 5fps or lower. When converting any vizblocks to spines it goes faster but still only 10-15fps. This all happens on a Vista 64bit machine with a Core 2 Quad Extreme processor and 8gb ram. When I open the same scene on my XP laptop in Max 2010 32bit everything moves smoothly.

Anyone else experienced this?

I think it is just Autodesk that messed something up again. I had to work on my laptop the last few weeks and it only has 1 core. Randomly max's cpu usage would spike to between 98 and 100% for no apparent reason. This even happens sometimes when I'm not even doing anything but staring at the screen. I can hear my fan spinning up and then I know here we go again. Check cpu usage (on 1 core with max using everything it takes time just to get into that screen) and sure enough max is doing "something". Only way to use laptop again was to end process. It was on xp 32 bit.
    Last edited by Morne; 29-07-2009, 12:23 PM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

sounds like a graphics card thing...maybe changing the settings in max will affect it.
      mh

Comment

Working...
      X