finalRender 3 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finalRender 3 !

For those that value competition and are really interested in everything CG-related () Cebas announced finalRender 3: quite some interesting stuff in there. Now if they only could offer a larger community.

http://www.cebas.com/news/read.php?U...33-788&NID=342

(And yes: avoid looking at the images !)

One feature not mentioned: displacement without adding geometry and without using additional RAM (don't ask me more).

Reading the list i find the amount of "replace VRay prefix with fR- prefix" "new" "new and unique features" pretty stunning :P

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Bravo

Where should I start a thread like this to avoid these comments ?

BTW: don't forget "groundbreaking"...but this could be a feature actually...
      Last edited by trick; 31-07-2009, 05:08 AM.

Comment

What's wrong with "these" comments ?

I see a lot of that and i was serious. When posting it on the VRay forum it's just natural to identify things that we already have in VRay isnt it ? It is for me. What kind of comments where you expecting ?

I did post that because it seriously DID stun me. If you prefer i can remove the comment and get out of this thread. But i dont see why it shouldnt be allowed to point out we do have a lot of that already, do you ?

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

It's more a question of: what would YOU like to see happening to this thread ? The same and usual remarks each time a competitor comes with a new release or an actual discussion about new features ?

Although a lot of the features may be in VRay already (as is and will be with any other renderer on this planet) the implementation is or can be quite different and may be better or worse in some situations. Hence a discussion could benefit !!!

Comment

A lot of nice integrated things they have there. Including the shaders was an appropriate move, and the addition of a scatter tool WITH the product is good value, and including iterative, interactive rendering with FR is pretty awesome (although we're yet to see what it supports and how it compares to VRayRT).

Comment

Agreed trick, you might wanna start the thread with features you wanna see or want changed then rather then just the link. Sorry for jumping at it so quickly and thoughtless heh.

Actually displacement without memory sounds like some kind of implicit tweak. Makes me wonder how it compares to VRay's 3d displacement, but as requested this is not a question :P

Things i found interesting myself would be

- the Debug mode (for acceleration rather then samplerate!)
              - The Glare post effect (unless it's just some kind of glow) tho i'd prefer that as a nuke op :P
              - some of the finalShaders included with the SE version
              - frOcean (tho i wonder how it compares to Dreamscape and alike as it seems implicit and without interactive waves from the description. And i wonder if it should be a "renderer feature", tho a nice addition of course)
              - and of course the scattering

Most other things seem to be existent, tho i prolly have missed the one or other.

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

Yeah I love that debug thing.

Comment

The hybrid scanline option seems good, and could be viable for a few things (dang, that pass was off, i need the Z again...), provided there's a way to match AA with the raytraced renderer.

Reflection absorption and fogging seems a nice tool too.

For most of the other stuff, i have to agree with Thorsten, though.
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                  X