Backburner 2008 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner 2008 Problem

I am trying to get backburner BB 2008.1 to work using three computers running Vista x64 on each. Studio max 2009 x64 Sp1 with 3 hotfixes.

PCA is running manager & a server
    PCB is running a server
    PCC is running a server

I have noticed I can only run 2 servers at a time. When I close say PCA's server and then open it again it swaps out PCB's server, if I then close PCB's sever and restart it swaps out PCA's server.

Am i doing something wrong. Can you not run a Manager and a server on the same computer?

All my computers have seperate IP's, computer names and users. Nothing matches apart from 2 of the computers connect to my router via wireless and PCA via LAN. 2 are intels one is Athalon processor.

PCA 192.168.1.10 User PCA01
    PCB 192.168.1.20 User PCB01
    PCC 192.168.1.30 User PCC01
    all connected to router 192.168.1.1 via 255.255.255.0 default geteway 192.168.1.1

So in summary. I have 3 computers but I can only see 2 servers at a time.

Each BB server is setup like this:

Severname or IP Address: PCA (or) PCB, PCC
    Enter Manager Name or IP: PCA (unticked automatic search)
    Server Port: 3233 Manager Port: 3234 (Same as Manager)

I have found that the Manager has to be forced quit as well.

VRay RT and DR is fine. Uses all machines.
    Last edited by danieljhatton; 31-07-2009, 12:03 PM.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

would be great to have an option to delete posts on this forum hehe (not yours, mine)

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Deleted babble. Solution below.
      Last edited by danieljhatton; 01-08-2009, 10:08 AM.
      Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Solution

I have the solution to my problem. I had used the same Netgear WiFi device in 2 different computers when I was setting everything up. Backburner was using the Netgears MAC address for 2 different machines. Hence the servers swapping out depending which was loaded last.

Goto command line and type: ipconfig /all and find the true MAC addresses that you are using. e.g. Local Area connection 2. I found I only had to do it on the first machine PCA.

Make sure the the Backburner.xml document has the correct MAC address in the code. I changes it and now all is good.

I have posted a couple of links which goes into a bit more depth about duplicate MAC addresses causing problems in Backburner.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autod...ems-need-help/

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autod...-workstations/
        Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Working...
        X