Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayFire like plugin

Dear chaosgroup members and administrators,

I would like to ask You for help in my issue. I have an object and I would like to scatter it and automate the process of scattering, and achieve the same effect as with the bomb or rayfire plugin. Though, I want some more constructive "explosion". Something like transformers effect when they are transforming from car to robot. Something not destructive. Any idea what plugin should I use to achieve this effect?

Thank You for any suggestion or reply,

best regards

Bryan Fury

my guess is they did alot of work building those robots an rigging it

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
      my guess is they did alot of work building those robots an rigging it
      I know that one, though there are plenty of plugins that let You randomly shatter object into smithereens and than can animate it actually. When You check the rayfire plugin

http://www.mirvadim.com/images/rayfire_anim.swf

it sorta does the trick. Though, this one is too hard to handle for me...

Comment

Not entirely sure what the effect you want is. Is the only problem with rayfire that it's too difficult to use? (never tried myself)

A fair few scripts exist made for shattering/fracturing objects in different ways, but as far as simulating the movement of those objects then theres not a whole lot.

Theres a free plugin called 'pulldownit' - http://www.pulldownit.com/
        Which is really easy to use, but lacking in features for the free version.

From what i've heard, rayfire is the best option by a good distance.
        Last edited by Neilg; 04-08-2009, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Rayfire is pretty easy to use and a hell of a lot of fun!
          "lets shoot bullets into this building and see what damage it does!"
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
            Not entirely sure what the effect you want is. Is the only problem with rayfire that it's too difficult to use? (never tried myself)

A fair few scripts exist made for shattering/fracturing objects in different ways, but as far as simulating the movement of those objects then theres not a whole lot.

Theres a free plugin called 'pulldownit' - http://www.pulldownit.com/
            Which is really easy to use, but lacking in features for the free version.

From what i've heard, rayfire is the best option by a good distance.
            Thank You very much. I will try to put that plugin into good use. If it works my company will buy it. Though, I want something like this:

Here, this picture was made by using object modifier in 3D Studio max. I don't remember it's name and honestly I've lost it. But, it never animated it, it just shattered object into this:

So all I want is that some plugin, or object modifier "shatters" object into some geometric shapes and than blow em apart. Just like rayfire, though, rayfire did ruin the genuine object and never left it intact. It "shattered" the object, but its geometry was ruined.

jacksc02: any idea how do I keep the genuine object intact before using rayfire explosion? I send You screenshot of what I've managed so far. It'll take me some few minutes...

//edit: So, the genuine picture is what I want it to look like when it's fragmented and the shattered is the one actually fragmented. My question and aim is following. How do I achieve genuine geometry, that is only shattered, but not deformed? I'll be glad for any advice,

Regards,

Bryan
            Attached Files
            Last edited by uplink; 04-08-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

All I do is keep a copy of the original mesh and render it in 2 passes. Simple.
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                All I do is keep a copy of the original mesh and render it in 2 passes. Simple.
                Erm I don't get it. Please, check out my two pics. One is genuine [genuine.png] and one is shattered by rayfire [shattered.png]. How do I shatter the object with rayfire, so it keeps it's genuine form, it only shatters it, but not deform it? Or maybe I'm missing Your point, sorry

Comment

the deformation is usually associated with a mesh problem.
                  Make sure all vertices are welded and make sure that your mesh is clean
                  Chris Jackson
                  Shiftmedia
                  www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                    the deformation is usually associated with a mesh problem.
                    Make sure all vertices are welded and make sure that your mesh is clean
                    hmm never thought about this one. Thank You for Your advice. The problem is that the company we work for totally f*cked up their logotype. I don't understand how could they give us logotype, that was made by some 5 years old kiddo. But nevermind. And than, I converted it into legacy vector format so max could actually read it [3D S max Design 2009] and imported it into max, than extruded it and skewed it. So there is almost no chance that the mesh is neat :/...I doubt that welding will help, but I'll try it...shoots. That's where my problem dwells. Thank You very much jacksc02. I really appreciate Your answer. You solved me a lot of trouble...
                    Last edited by uplink; 04-08-2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X