Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown plugin for Autodesk Combustion and AA

Dear chaosgroup members,

I'm sorry I bother You with this heavy OT, but I really don't want to register to tens of forums. I hope that my request won't bother u much. I'm seeking the name of plugin used in this animation. I know it's made in adobe aftereffects. Therefore I ask You if You know the name of the plugin for AE and whether there is some alterantive for Autodesk Combustion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxOn...eature=related

Regards,

Bryan
    Last edited by uplink; 05-08-2009, 01:38 AM.

Unfortunately it's not a plugin as such - it's a few little line elements made in something like 3dsmax and combined at different opacitys and blending modes with some glow and blurs on top.

Comment

I think there is a Trapcode plugin for AFX that can do similar things
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

And Ghosttrails in Max would help too i guess

Comment

Similar and really fast plugin for max is KY_Trail.
          Might be hard to find though.

-LarsSon
          Lasse Kilpia
          VFX Artist
          Post Control Helsinki

Comment

Originally posted by LarsSonparsson View Post
            Similar and really fast plugin for max is KY_Trail.
            Might be hard to find though.

-LarsSon
            Not at all:

http://lastjedioutpost.ru/Plug-ins/c...Download.htm?8

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post

Hah!

I just tried to find it, but the site was down.
              Well, good that it's working again.
              Lasse Kilpia
              VFX Artist
              Post Control Helsinki

Comment

www.videocopilot.net is one place to get tutorials on line like that as well as that lexus hybrid commercial orbs commercial http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/vi...hp?f=15&t=5758

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

wow thank You for so many replies. Hmm I thought it might not be that easy. I already thought about using Combustion particles, though they work only in 2D effectively, the 3D mode ain't so good. The Z axis is sorta crappy. Or maybe my skill is crappy, that's more like it I'll read all the posts carefully. Thank You very much once more...

//edit:

2 jacksc02: true enough my friend, that indeed is the trapcode plugin. You helped me a lot!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi7I1SF_pSk&NR=1

//edit 2

allright. I've seen enough of AE plugins and effects. I need to ask directly. Is there any chance that I can achieve same results in Autodesk Combustion as in Adobe After Effects? because there are particles and deflectors in Autodesk Combustion, also there are some shadows and fancy reflections, but I've never actually seen something cool made by combustion. Is AAE easier to use than Autodesk Combustion? Or is it just time consuming thing same as with Autodesk Combustion? Thank You for any suggestion.
                  Last edited by uplink; 06-08-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Don't do this with particles - use animated shapes from 3ds max and layer them in combustions using glows and blurs.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                      Don't do this with particles - use animated shapes from 3ds max and layer them in combustions using glows and blurs.
                      woa, I tried it on one project and it's sort of CPU consuming. I used basic glow and motion blur, it does somehow the trick, but when I add some reflections and deflectors of light the scene goes like boom, one frame takes 10 minutes :/...I'm rendering on Quad 9550 and i7 through netrendering...hmm. You think AAE might be a less CPU power consuming?

Comment

I'd do something really simple to be honest - If you make some simple shapes for the trails - cylinders or similar and then draw some curvy splines. Use the world space path deform modifier to animate your cylinders along the line. Then make a transparent material with a gradient for your cylinder so it gets see through towards it's tail and render it out. Bring this into combustion and add a few glow and blur filters!

Comment

Working...
                        X