Subscription madness!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription madness!!!

Holy shit! Image Modeller 2009, Realviz Matchmover AND Mudbox (6 month trial but still) included in 3ds Max subscription!!! Am I dreaming? Has Autodesk gone loopy?
    Last edited by Shimakaze; 11-08-2009, 01:48 PM.

You know what's awesome? We were asked to do an orthographic streetscape view in the city showing where our building was and surrounding buildings. So with a handful of photos and IM, it should be far easier than tracing them in Sketchup.

Comment

Huh, what's this about? I've been wanting to try out Image Modeller -- are you saying we've had a copy of it as part of our subscription and I didn't even know?! Where do I find it?
      ShaunDon

Comment

This is new and yes it is available for download via your subscription center account.

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

Ahh, we got a call a month back from AD making sure we knew about the subscription center. Guess I'll go check that out now! They must be trying to add value to subscriptions out of fear that beleagered companies will opt to stop their subscriptions this year.
          ShaunDon

Comment

Just to check, are they all 6 month trials or is it just mudbox with the trial?

Comment

Only Mudbox is supposed to be a trial. The others are full.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunDon View Post
                Ahh, we got a call a month back from AD making sure we knew about the subscription center. Guess I'll go check that out now! They must be trying to add value to subscriptions out of fear that beleagered companies will opt to stop their subscriptions this year.
                doh, we cancelled our subscriptions a few months back...i think you are right, autodesk must be trying to add more 'value' to their ridiculous prices
                chris
                www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                  Only Mudbox is supposed to be a trial. The others are full.
                  Rock on.

Does anyone have experience with matchmover? Does it hold up ok, worth using for proper tracks?

Comment

I've only tested Matchmover a little bit, but it seems pretty solid. Not sure if it's better then syntheyes which I've been using before though, I'll do some tests later I guess. One difference I've noticed is that Matchmover supports motion capture by using two synchronized cameras. Looks pretty cool.... gonna have to try it out sometime.

Comment

Syntheyes supports multiple cams as well, just like it also supports facial or fullbody mocap using multiple cameras.

Regards,
                      Thorsten

Comment

Is this the full license (standalone) of matchmover or is it like the plugin that was released awhile back for MAX?

I'm happy about the Imagemodeler...good addition. We'll see if matchmover is better then Syntheyes. I wonder if there will be some kind of discount offer at the end of the trial for Mudbox.
                        -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                          Syntheyes supports multiple cams as well, just like it also supports facial or fullbody mocap using multiple cameras.

Regards,
                          Thorsten
                          Really? I'll have to look into that more closely. Strange there's not a tutorial about that on the website... or did I just miss it? :P

@dellis: It's the full program, not the plugin.

Comment

There is no Tut, but it's in the manual under "Motion Capture" if i recall right.

Here's a nice trick for doing it with one cam
                            http://www.ssontech.com/phpBB2/viewt...motion+capture

Comment

Can you use Matchmover to do automatic camera matching to still shots, or is it just for multiple camera motion tracking? Just curious if it will speed up my camera-mapping type work for blending into stills.

I d-loaded Matchmover to check, but I'm not seeing anything in the help files to indicate.

Anyone know offhand?

From a brief glance it almost looks like ImageModeler would be better for it in any case.... So many things to explore, so little time.

b
                              Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                              e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X