Autocad question - rounding off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocad question - rounding off

So during the design stage, apparently some see it acceptable to draw at angles of 88.958678 degrees instead of 90, and 3498.6mm instead of 3500mm, etc. Is anyone aware of any scripts that will snap points/lines to the nearest x ?

I hate that, it should be a book "F8 for dummies"
    if I have people working for me doing that i would fired them... it's easier working right from the beginning.
    show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
      I hate that, it should be a book "F8 for dummies"
      if I have people working for me doing that i would fired them... it's easier working right from the beginning.
      It's a design architect. Doubt the 3D guy would get any brownie points suggesting we fire them.

Comment

I'm a design architect too and i think there are not excuses drawing like that if you are using CADD...I don't like the "close enought" philosophy.
        about scripts, there are several in autocad...many of them are mostly to convert images to vectors and they have tools to read angles and correct them....I used one many years ago to transfer my scketches but i don't remember the name.

Fernando
        Last edited by flino2004; 24-08-2009, 08:39 PM.
        show me the money!!

Comment

Yeah i know i'm of the same opinion. It seems to me it's actually harder to do it not-right.

Comment

Working...
          X